Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:11 am

Man, want this card at 70k but I'm not targeted. As a chase customer, any chance of getting matched if I were to walk into a branch...Do I need to have some history with United?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by arandomflyer
Man, want this card at 70k but I'm not targeted. As a chase customer, any chance of getting matched if I were to walk into a branch...Do I need to have some history with United?
Do let us know. I've tried to send messages and call to get a match, both before and after meeting the MSR. Never any luck :/
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Does anyone know if you get a 10k bonus on this card just for the first $25k in spend, or for every $25k? i.e., if I hit $50k spend, will I get another 10k points?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does anyone know if you get a 10k bonus on this card just for the first $25k in spend, or for every $25k? i.e., if I hit $50k spend, will I get another 10k points?
Just the first $25k.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by penner42
Just the first $25k.
Thanks!

Guess I'll put my next estimates elsewhere. Maybe Surpass to renew Diamond.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:27 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by prech
Do let us know. I've tried to send messages and call to get a match, both before and after meeting the MSR. Never any luck :/
I've never had a bonus match on a Chase card of any type.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by prech
Won't get it matched. Try what others have recommended - dummy booking, MPX transaction, create a new user account profile with different email address, incognito, etc.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA
I got the targeted offer and am wondering about the unpublished benefit of the PQD waiver.

Has anyone had any success getting United to pro-rate the $25k spend to the portion of the year you have the card?

(It's totally out of the cards for me to get that benefit for 2017 if I apply for the card now.)
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by dmo580
I've had this card for 2 years now I swear I've never gotten passes in the mail. I know it's one of the features but I've been too lazy to follow up. I'm going to send Chase an SM to see what's up...
Just a follow up actually I've had this card since 2013 and never received my passes. Well I bugged Chase in April or so, didn't get them, SMed them again in June and they told me they'd be mailed in 30 days. Was just about to get angry and SM them again last week when they finally popped in my mailbox. I got 2 sets of passes per SM to cover both last year and this year.

Now I'll have to get to the airport early for some domestic flights to take advantage. I guess this is one of those benefits I don't really use anyway, so maybe just better off selling the passes to cover the AF.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP
$50 statement credit?

Did I miss the $50 statement credit offer or did I just not get it?
My offer showed the 70k miles but no mention of a statement credit.
Does that mean I'm out of luck or does it show up later?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Ok, I'll answer my own question.
Looks like you need to do a "dummy" booking on UA for the statement credit offer to show up as part of the credit card offer.
Hopefully that'll help someone else . . .
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
New 70k Links in Wiki

When I received the targeted offer this month, my landing page URLs were slightly different than the previous ones.

Just added them to the wiki as Alternate Landing Pages.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
When is the 24 months calculated from/to? Approval date, date the min spend was met, or other? Sadly I was last approved on 10 August 2015, so I think there's no way to get in on the 70k bonus if they follow through with retiring the offer on 31 July
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by findark
When is the 24 months calculated from/to? Approval date, date the min spend was met, or other? Sadly I was last approved on 10 August 2015, so I think there's no way to get in on the 70k bonus if they follow through with retiring the offer on 31 July
The 24-month eligibility requirement on all Chase cards is calculated from the date on which you last earned the bonus. This is stated clearly in the offer T&Cs.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
The 24-month eligibility requirement on all Chase cards is calculated from the date on which you last earned the bonus. This is stated clearly in the offer T&Cs.
So, 24 months from the date my MileagePlus statement shows the bonus, to the date I apply for the new card? I can't find the legalese version of the T&Cs for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.