Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Pay is active for Chase

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Samsung Pay is active for Chase

Just announced this morning.

Chase is active on Samsung Pay. I havent tried the card yet though.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Added Chase Sapphire Preferred; Ink Cash not eligible yet

Originally Posted by ConceptVBS
Just announced this morning.

Chase is active on Samsung Pay. I havent tried the card yet though.
I successfully added my CSP to Samsung Pay. Unfortunately, it wouldn't accept my Chase Ink Plus or Ink Cash. I hope Chase makes those eligible soon.

Will have to try my Chase UA cards when I get home.
Old May 29, 2016, 8:09 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Chase Ink business cards still not eligible

It seems ridiculous that Chase won't allow the Ink Plus and Ink Cash to be added to Samsung Pay.

Amex is the only bank that allows business cards to be added...as I've got my Business Premier Gold and SPG Business cards added?

I like to think that Chase customer service is nearly as good as Amex...but with regard to Samsung Pay options, Chase is looking sad.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:20 pm

The regular bonus categories work with Chase and Samsung Pay also?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It seems ridiculous that Chase won't allow the Ink Plus and Ink Cash to be added to Samsung Pay.

Amex is the only bank that allows business cards to be added...as I've got my Business Premier Gold and SPG Business cards added?

I like to think that Chase customer service is nearly as good as Amex...but with regard to Samsung Pay options, Chase is looking sad.
I like using Samsung Pay, but I'm at the point now where I need to consider either using a different card as my primary, or using a different mobile payment platform, all because Chase hasn't included business Ink cards. I have a feeling Samsung will win, and Chase will lose. I'll need to find another cash back card to use as my primary card. A shame, really.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:04 am

Excellent, I will get my cards added. Thank you.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
IHG can't be added to samsung pay... is it the only mastercard chase currently issues?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 1:00 pm

UR and Samsung Pay

Are we getting all bonus categories on Chase cards when using Samsung Pay instead of swiping? I couldn't find a complete answer. Chase's website has info on everything except UR points with Samsung Pay.

I have my AMEX EDP added, but that's a little different since there's no risk to use it for none bonus spend. For what it's worth, it does appear on my transaction records as a normal "swipe" transaction and AMEX clearly states all bonus categories are available as long as the merchant process the credit directly.

Would be nice to add a couple other cards to it, but don't want to lose out on bonus spend.

Any experiences?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Are we getting all bonus categories on Chase cards when using Samsung Pay instead of swiping? I couldn't find a complete answer. Chase's website has info on everything except UR points with Samsung Pay.

I have my AMEX EDP added, but that's a little different since there's no risk to use it for none bonus spend. For what it's worth, it does appear on my transaction records as a normal "swipe" transaction and AMEX clearly states all bonus categories are available as long as the merchant process the credit directly.

Would be nice to add a couple other cards to it, but don't want to lose out on bonus spend.

Any experiences?
FWIW I get all my bonuses using Apple Pay with my Chase cards, so I'd imagine it'd work the same for Samsung Pay as well.

Originally Posted by baily
I like using Samsung Pay, but I'm at the point now where I need to consider either using a different card as my primary, or using a different mobile payment platform, all because Chase hasn't included business Ink cards. I have a feeling Samsung will win, and Chase will lose. I'll need to find another cash back card to use as my primary card. A shame, really.
Slightly OT but it would be nice if they supported Android Pay for the people with non-Samsung devices who don't want to buy a Samsung or Apple product.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by mingw
IHG can't be added to samsung pay... is it the only mastercard chase currently issues?
Marriott is a visa and it cannot be added either.

I don't think the statement "Samsung Pay is active for Chase" means very much. Maybe for a few select cards.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:23 am

https://www.chase.com/digital/digita...sung-pay/cards

Scroll down, there are more cards listed below the pictures.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:57 pm

Somehow in the span of a few days my Marriott and Hyatt now work (as shown by the webpage linked above). IHG still isn't there though. Nor Chase Ink.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:26 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

CHASE: Please add Ink cards for Samsung Pay!

I use my Ink Plus/Cash a lot...and it kills me that they cannot be added to Samsung Pay. Here's hoping Chase gets that done. Amex has its business cards able to be added, so there's no reason Chase can't get it done. I would spend even more on Chase Ink if they were in my Samsung Pay.

Also, for those wondering, all of my Chase UR bonuses work the same with Samsung Pay. Bonuses have to do with the merchant category, so you were wondering needlessly.

Also, my Marriott and Hyatt cards were added to Samsung Pay months ago. (But it won't accept my Marriott business card, just like it won't accept Chase Ink business cards.)

Thus far, I have the following Chase cards added to Samsung Pay:

(1) Chase Sapphire Reserve
(2) Chase Freedom
(3) Chase Sapphire Preferred
(4) Marriott card
(5) Hyatt card
(6) United card
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:05 pm

Good luck on hoping Ink Plus/Cash would be added to Samsung Pay.
I did the same thing when Apple Pay came out and Chase still does not support Apple Pay for Ink Plus/Cash
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:09 pm

For those who have Samsung Pay and Chase credit card, use your Chase credit card 3 times with Samsung Pay and you will get $15 reward credit (in the form of Samsung Reward credit card you use on the phone).

[edit: see SPAM forum for referral info]

Last edited by philemer; Dec 2, 2016 at 5:51 pm Reason: removed SPAM Forum data

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.