Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase sent app to fraud dept and asked for copy of my ID ...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase sent app to fraud dept and asked for copy of my ID ...?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
DH has IHG (3 years old), Ink+ (2 years old) and Freedom (4 mos old). During first call, we authorized Chase to move $5k from IHG card to open this but the app had already been sent for further verification.
UPDATE: Just signed into his Chase account and saw that he's been approved - applied 3/18 so it took 35 days, 2 phone calls and submission of extra docs. It's still worth it to get the 2 free nights at Hyatt.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:28 pm

Patriot act

Need to verify information before they can proceed with the application

Usually takes 1-2 weeks via fax or mail, apparently it doesn't make a difference

If you have a checking/savings account, they can scan it in and attach on that to make it faster
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I'm going through the same tedious process. I applied for the Chase sapphire Preferred on the 14th of April. I had to wait for this letter to come in the mail with instructions. I faxed in a copy of my DL and a utility bill. After 2 days, they confirm receipt of my documents but say it is still under review. On a positive note they say that as long as all the verification documents match up I "should" be approved.

Here is the odd part. After I applied for the CSP, I immediately applied for a Freedom. I called in asking about the status of my Freedom app, and they just asked me a couple questions and BAM, I was approved for $4,500.

Why would they need documents for the CSP and not the Freedom?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.