Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA explorer 50K mile target offer or CSP?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
UA explorer 50K mile target offer or CSP?

I got a 50K targeted offer from UA in the mail. As I have no mileage card, I'm wondering if I should go for this or get the CSP since having the flexibility of transfer points might trump the UA card. If I apply for this it might hinder my ability to get the CSP which has me worried. Right now I do not travel UA much but it would be possible in the future as I live in a UA hub city. What do you advise? Is the offer too good to refuse?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:22 pm

I would get United now and wait for a better CSP offer later. UA and CSP are two different cards.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:18 am
In memoriam

IMHO, apply for UAL right now! @:-)

As for CSP, no reason you can't apply for it once you are close to meeting spend on UAL card with a reasonable expectation of getting it. I have had both at once in the past.

Also, don't forget the Chase INK cards which also earn ultimate rewards pts which convert to UAL miles as do CSP pts.

You can have at least 5 Chase cards at one time.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AMEX MR
I'm actually thinking that the UR program would be more valuable than a UA card. What do you think? I don't fly enough to take advantage of the 2x UA.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:43 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Part of the decision is the factor that the UA 50k offer is becoming difficult to find, whereas CSP for 40k is a standard public offer.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Just got the 50k +5k for adding a user when spending 2k in 3 months in the mail. I am going to apply shortly. I have till december to apply and am still working off the spend on a few cards including Ink Plus. I'm assuming I should jump on it as a better offer is hard to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.