Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using Chase points for first class flights from LAX to Beijing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do this in the most economical way possible?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do this in the most economical way possible?
Korean Air would be my suggestion.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
+1 for Korean Air. They fly an A380 out of LAX.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat SPG Gold
plus 2 for Korean Air. Stop over in Korea. 80,000 points one way for first class.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:26 am
Original Poster

how to use 82000 points on first class flights?

Hello

I have about 82000 points I would like to use on a one-way first class international flight.

I was wondering if I should use it through Korean Air or Singapore airline.

I travel to Korea/China often but Singapore airline's first class suite looks a lot sweeter and according to the Points Guy's website, Singapore airline's first class one-way ticket from asia to Los Angeles is about 74,375 points, which is better than 80000 points required for KAL.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Do singapore suites from LAX-NRT one way. Pretty sure you have enough for that, with the online booking discount . You may even have enough for LAX-SIN, you could check. But the first flight is way longer than the latter. Make sure you get the A-380 plane, as the 777 doesn't have suites in F. Then pick a middle seat. You may luck out and get no one next with you, then they'll make up the double bed for you. I also suggest preordering the lobster Thermidor! Enjoy...
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
I would agree with Preacher7 that SG would be one of the best offer out there. But I have heard rumors that SG is starting to cut the availability of first class/ suite class award ticket...

Adding to that, I do not like the website of SG, that requires you to search day by day for the award ticket, it would be awesome if we can search for the monthly availability (just like how AA does)...

but yea, if you manage to find the ticket, definitely go for it. and remember to do that online in SG's website so that you can have 15% off of the miles required.

-Pete
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:48 am
Original Poster

just transferred 82000 points to Korean Air!
excited about the upcoming first class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.