Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

UR bonus point posting questions and problems. [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UR bonus point posting questions and problems. [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Just to the close the story, it turned out that a $500 charge to a charity had not been coded by the charitable organization as a donation, and so Chase initially did not give me the extra 4x UR point bonus on it. However, the great phone rep (have I mentioned I love phone calls with Chase -- no sarcasm -- as opposed to those painful Amex calls) put in a "ticket" -- a week or so later I got the points and also received a letter by USPS mail that they had reviewed the charge and had credited the points to me.

Chase has been unbelievably awesome so far, I must say. The only thing on my wish is that they upgrade their online services to be on par with Amex (with all the sorting options by time period, by category of purchase, by merchant type, etc.).
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
How long for Sapphire Preferred Bonus to post?

Hi, I've done a search and checked my terms and conditions, but haven't found an answer. Simple Question: Can anyone tell me how long after reaching my spending requirement on the Sapphire Preferred that I will likely see the bonus points? And more specifically, will they post early if I reach it early?

Long-winded Question: I am a low-level churner, just a couple of cards a year to go to Europe every 2-3 years. We are going to Budapest/Vienna in June. I have enough Marriott points to cover 5 nights in Vienna. I need to cover 5 nights in Budapest. I got a Hilton Visa last year (before we decided where to go), hoping the bonus would cover a chunk of the stay. Unfortunately, the reward redemption rates for Hiltons in Budapest and Vienna are terrible and my points would only cover one night. So, I got the Sapphire, hoping to transfer to points to Marriott to cover 5 nights in Budapest, but Chase took a month before giving it to me. I'm not sure I will get the points in time. So, does anyone have any other ideas? I have 54,500 Radisson points, 59,000 Hilton points, 20,000 Marriott points (after Vienna stay is deducted), and 10,000 Capital One points. My SPG's went to covering part of airfare.

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:22 pm

Yes, your bonus points will post to your account on the statement for the period in which you reach the minimum spending requirement. That was my experience, FWIW. My card was activated on Nov. 1, I met the minimum spend within 3 or 4 weeks, and the bonus miles were posted to my Dec. 5 statement. You will not need to wait the full three months.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
Thanks, Steve. BTW, I'm an ex-greener with an affectionate soft spot for Olywa.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:40 am
Suspended

Chase bonus points/miles after statement closing or weeks later?

I see this on my cHASE INK BOLD and chase united mileage explorer card.
Last Statement Date 04/28/2012

Next Closing Date 05/28/2012

I see the regular points earned but not the 60k bonus for ink bold ( i applied when it was available for 2 days) I had spent $4800 on 04/25th and for the last $200, i spent $205 at office depot on april 25th. so total spend req finished but maybe the last $205 didn't post until today and that's why i don't see my bonus points?

My chase UME also has Last Statement Date 04/28/2012

Next Closing Date 05/28/2012

but i checked my united account and don't see the 50k bonus miles today and i had done the first purchase 14 days ago. i also didn't see the 5k authorized bonus miles but got the $50 several days ago.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:24 am

For the Chase Ink Bold, I was told that on the 2nd billing cycle I would receive my 50k points. My lst statement closed April 15, 2012. By SM, I will receive mine on May 15, 2012.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:24 am

My United miles posted about 3 days after statement close. I did pay it off on the day that it closed though, so not sure if payment has anything to do with it.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cyin
My United miles posted about 3 days after statement close. I did pay it off on the day that it closed though, so not sure if payment has anything to do with it.

I did too but have to wait for 2nd billing.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:05 pm

Some people have reported that if you finished the spend within the last week or so before your statement closing date, it won't trigger until the next statement closes. I've always finished my spending early in my statement cycle, and the bonus has posted the day after my statement closed (just personal cards (UA & SP), no experience with business cards).

ETA: For United, it didn't show up in my account until several days later, though the activity date listed for the bonus was the day my statement closed. Also, I did not pay the cards until a few weeks after statement close (about a week before due), so payment did not have anything to do with gett my bonus.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:18 pm
Suspended

today I received another chase SM saying i already received 50k bonus points for chase sapphire preferred and the 60k bonus for chase SP is a test offer only for few people ,sent to email and thus i am ineligible.

I didn't even sent sm asking anything about CHASE SP. I sent sm to ask about the 60K bonus for the INK BOLD. ( I applied for the ink bold with 60k offer)

i guess i should wait for another statement to close for my 60k bonus and if i don't see it, i should call.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:52 am

How long did it take for Sapphire bonus to post?

Hi everyone,
I just got approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred! I am planning to use the 40000 sign up bonus for UA mileage and use that for a trip this summer. I am just worried that I won't be able to get the points in time. I'm just wondering how long did it take for your Sapphire bonus to post?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
They post with the statement in which you meet the spending requirement.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
You'll have time.. you should see it within 2 mos .
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:22 am

Chase Freedom 5% bonus points not posting?

The 5% categories this quarter includes drugstore. On 1/15 I went to Walgreens to take a couple passport photo, and also picked up a $500 Amex GCs. Today my statement came out and it showed:

+ 1% (1 pt)/ $1 earned on all purchases 563
+ 10% Extra points per $1 you spend 57
+ Bonus 10 points on every purchase 20
+ Bonus points from 5% categories: Jan - Mar 159

and my purchases:

01/07 SHELL OIL 57443551809 KALAMAZOO MI 39.75
01/15 WALGREENS #7430 KALAMAZOO MI 522.37

So the 522.37 at walgreens were only given 1pt/$? Does anyone know why? Is it just a delay in their system, or should I call?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kevinwangjk
...On 1/15 I went to Walgreens ...Today my statement came out and it showed:
Bonus points for transactions near the end of the billing cycle will post next month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.