Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Follow discussion in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1489178-consolidated-chase-ba-visa-now-50k-75k-100k.html

The 100K offer with staggered spend is live again. (9/17/15)

Additional discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-75k-100k.html

50K, 75K or 100K offer https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ba/nonaep?CELL=6H8X

Public link on Chase.com
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...H0&list=4,2,1&

50,000 Avios after $2000 in purchases within the first 3 months
25,000 Avios after an additional $8000 in purchases within the first year
25,000 Avios after an additional $10000 in purchases within the first year
(Thus, a total of $20000 spend for 100,000 Avios)

Annual fee $95 NOT waived
Card earns 1 Avios/$ on everyday spend

Warning: Avios do not work like other types of miles and points
The British Airways system is distance based, priced per segment, with very high fees and fuel surcharges possible, depending on the airline flown. In particular, redemptions for British Airways flights are often the worst value. Therefore, one of the most popular uses of points is for short-haul flights on partner airlines.

Make sure you understand the program thoroughly before you apply for this card, as whining may be considered off-topic. Most questions and advice have already been given within this thread.

See also:
Your guide to spending Avios | 2014
Booking Alaska Airlines with Avios
Print Wikipost

[Live] Chase BA 100,000 Avios Visa ($20K spend)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:59 pm

I did call Chase to see if they were aware, but they said if the app isn't loading it's a problem on BA's side unfortunately. I have no idea where to call to see if the offer is still available through BA.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:37 pm

Waiting to see if the application page will come back.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:46 am

...and now the landing page is gone. I wonder if someone made a mistake and the official launch of a 100k offer is on the horizon...
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:45 pm

I got the 50,000 offer based card a few days ago, sent a SM
and Chase matched it to the 100,000 offer without any problems.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update - another data point

Originally Posted by BigLar
The card arrived and I activated it. No indication, of course, of any bonus.

So, I called them to see if there was a bonus attached. The CSR basicly read me back the rules and, since she saw I had had a card before, she was pretty sure I didn't qualify for the bonus. She did offer to send the request over to another department, and they would notify me officially in 7-10 days.

Doesn't look good.

My wife's card arrived, too (she got the "we're considering it" message and then the card showed up). I presume she's in the same boat.

So, if I get a negative response from them, I guess I'll just cancel and be done with it.
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
In the absence of an automatically generated message, that's the only way to know.
Wife's first bill arrived today. Made the $2K spend in one shot (paid my taxes). Got the 50K "first use bonus". ^

I mis-calculated and I was about twenty bucks short of the $2K for my first bill, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next cycle.

Anyhow, even if that's all I get, I'm thinking it was still worth it.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 6:31 pm

can this card be churned? appx 6 months since cancellation, 18 months since BA application
Old Feb 24, 2014, 7:49 am

I keep missing this one... Anyone know a 75k pts version of this card that is still out there? I dont think I could get to 20k anyways.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:29 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Finished my 20k requirement got the 100,000 points.. now wondering should i go for the 30k companion free offer.. not sure if it's worth the time and effort..

Has anyone who got the card last year cancelled it yet.. are they offering decent retentions..??
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
I got this one on December 2013. I had only spent 4K on it. it required 2K spend for the 50K miles as you all know, and I thought it was 5K for the extra 25K miles but it's 10K spent, so I put it in the drawer since I got the Citi 100k Offer which I just completed spent last week.

Now, I just started charging the Chase BA again, I'm up to 7K so far. Can wait to hit 10K for the extra 25K avios...
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
All cardholders contribute to $30K annual spend?

As the 2ndary cardholder, I am making most of the purchases to achieve $30K annual spend for the Travel Together certificate.

I assume all cardholder spending contributes to the $30K, but want to make sure .--$30K is not a small amount

Can anyone confirm based on their experiences?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eethan
As the 2ndary cardholder, I am making most of the purchases to achieve $30K annual spend for the Travel Together certificate.

I assume all cardholder spending contributes to the $30K, but want to make sure .--$30K is not a small amount

Can anyone confirm based on their experiences?
All spend goes to the SAME account. This is universal accounting for all credit cards. There is only ONE account - the primary holder's account, be it for the card or for the mileage. AU has no account with the bank. The primary card holder is responsible for the payment of the AU's spend. That is the contract between the bank and the primary cardholder.

Just a friendly reminder, you do understand the 2-4-1 cert requires you to travel on BA only, right? Therefore you will be subject to BA's hefty YQ charges as well as the very high LHR departure taxes.

The out of pocket cash is quite a large sum, so much so it is better to view the 2-4-1 cert being paying for coach tickets but travel in business / first cabin.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Further update

Originally Posted by BigLar
Wife's first bill arrived today. Made the $2K spend in one shot (paid my taxes). Got the 50K "first use bonus". ^

I mis-calculated and I was about twenty bucks short of the $2K for my first bill, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next cycle.

Anyhow, even if that's all I get, I'm thinking it was still worth it.
Got the second bill from Chase. The 50K bonus was in there.

So, it all worked out.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:36 pm

100k British Avios promotion not honored

Hi everyone,
I applied for the british airways card back in November 2013 to take advantage of the 100k avios offer. I got the first 50k upon spending of $2000. This month i finally exceeded the required $10000 spending limit and was expecting to get my additional 25k avios. I called chase but advised that my promotion was only for 50k avios. I spoke with a representative and told them that it was for 100k avios but didnt make any difference as they said the system shows only 50k. I also put an inqury with the sales dept but didnt get any results. I told them what the sysem shows is incorrect. Does anybody happen to have any screenshots of their application page with the offer showing 100k? I may be able to present those pics and get my 100k promotion honored. Thanks so much for your help.
Sel
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:55 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by alpmense
Hi everyone,
I applied for the british airways card back in November 2013 to take advantage of the 100k avios offer. I got the first 50k upon spending of $2000. This month i finally exceeded the required $10000 spending limit and was expecting to get my additional 25k avios. I called chase but advised that my promotion was only for 50k avios. I spoke with a representative and told them that it was for 100k avios but didnt make any difference as they said the system shows only 50k. I also put an inqury with the sales dept but didnt get any results. I told them what the sysem shows is incorrect. Does anybody happen to have any screenshots of their application page with the offer showing 100k? I may be able to present those pics and get my 100k promotion honored. Thanks so much for your help.
Sel
Send them a SM.. tell them you applied for the 100k offer and for some reason it hasn't been coded as such.. ask them to upgrade you to that offer and they would USUALLY do it..

Good luck, keep us posted..
Old May 24, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: Aadvantage
removed

Last edited by spark911; May 26, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.