How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Subscribe
What is the maximum number of primary chase issued cards one person can have?

Chase seems to have great affinity cards (CO, UAL, PC, BA, SWA, Marriott) for consumers and businesses.
You can have several if your credit is good. Now that the Bank One purchase is complete I have at least 5 Chase cards, maybe 6.
Several.... and even get the bonus again.... Just have to pay the extra annual fee... (well just for a year)
depending on Your credit score, I know of folks that have 10 plus Chase credit cards.

I am one not to have more then 2 credit cards but certainly can have more cards
How Many Chase Freedom Cards Can One Have?
I was thinking about how to maximize rewards with the new dynamic rewards scheme on the Chase Freedom card. With the dynamic rewards scheme you can earn 3.75% cash back on your top 3 spending categories each month, but are limited to $600 in those top 3 categories per month per card.

(Note that the 15 spending categories eligible for the 3.75% reward are: grocery stores, gas & convenience stores, quick service payment/fast food restaurants, telecommunications, cable/satellite TV/Internet Service Providers, video rentals, department stores, dry cleaners, drugstores, movie theatres, local and suburban commuter passenger transportation (including ferries, bridges, tolls, parking garages, taxis/limos), pet supply stores and veterinary services, utilities, beauty shops (salons and spas), or gym/recreation memberships.)

If the number of Chase Freedom cards one could possess was unlimited, then you could earn 3.75% cash back on all of your spending in all 15 eligible categories. For most folks, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of managing more than a few Freedom cards though.

Does anyone know how many Chase Freedom cards one can have at a time?

Also, since Chase has other cards that offer 2%-5% back on other categories like travel, office supply stores, home improvement stores, restaurants, vehicle rentals, etc. that would be good to combine with the Freedom card, I was wondering if there was an upper limit on how many Chase cards one can have of any type (Freedom or other)?
Quote: I was thinking about how to maximize rewards with the new dynamic rewards scheme on the Chase Freedom card. With the dynamic rewards scheme you can earn 3.75% cash back on your top 3 spending categories each month, but are limited to $600 in those top 3 categories per month per card.

(Note that the 15 spending categories eligible for the 3.75% reward are: grocery stores, gas & convenience stores, quick service payment/fast food restaurants, telecommunications, cable/satellite TV/Internet Service Providers, video rentals, department stores, dry cleaners, drugstores, movie theatres, local and suburban commuter passenger transportation (including ferries, bridges, tolls, parking garages, taxis/limos), pet supply stores and veterinary services, utilities, beauty shops (salons and spas), or gym/recreation memberships.)

If the number of Chase Freedom cards one could possess was unlimited, then you could earn 3.75% cash back on all of your spending in all 15 eligible categories. For most folks, it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of managing more than a few Freedom cards though.

Also, since Chase has other cards that offer 2%-5% back on other categories like travel, office supply stores, home improvement stores, restaurants, vehicle rentals, etc. that would be good to combine with the Freedom card, I was wondering if there was an upper limit on how many Chase cards one can have of any type (Freedom or other)?
Probably a great question for fatwallet.com. In fact, the answer may be posted over there already.
There was some discussion that I recall on FW of a 4 or 5 card limit on Chase. Many said only 4, but I happen to have 5. Up to that wouldn't be an issue I would imagine (ignoring credit worthiness of course).
Quote: There was some discussion that I recall on FW of a 4 or 5 card limit on Chase. Many said only 4, but I happen to have 5. Up to that wouldn't be an issue I would imagine (ignoring credit worthiness of course).
I have 5 Chase cards, but before I applied for the Freedom I actually had 6. When I applied for Freedom they accepted readily and gave me a high credit line, but they closed two older cards that I hadn't used for a while. No biggie to me. Chase is rather good to me, lots of possible exposure considering they also hold my mortgage.

I have a free for one year UA Visa that just had the fee posted for the second year, so now I'm going to have to deal with either closing or turning that into something else. Maybe I can get a second Freedom that way. I'll find out probably next week sometime.
Quote: I was thinking about how to maximize rewards with the new dynamic rewards scheme on the Chase Freedom card. With the dynamic rewards scheme you can earn 3.75% cash back on your top 3 spending categories each month, but are limited to $600 in those top 3 categories per month per card.

Where did you get the 3.75% cash back info on this card?I can only find documentaion for 3%.

Thanks
Quote: Where did you get the 3.75% cash back info on this card?I can only find documentaion for 3%.
Thanks
If you redeem your cash rewards in $200 increments, then Chase will give you a bonus $50 (i.e. $250 for $200 in earnings). So that works out to 3.75% instead of just 3%. (Note that it also means 1.25% on all "other" spending rather than just 1%.)
Great receive 3.75 % cash back, but pay out 18.99%, great plan.
Quote: Great receive 3.75 % cash back, but pay out 18.99%, great plan.
I don't see anything in anyones reply in this thread saying they carry a balance month-to-month and pay the ridiculous interest rates on a rewards card. As such, I'm not seeing your point, unless it's to fulfill your signature line.
Quote: Great receive 3.75 % cash back, but pay out 18.99%, great plan.
It's implied that you don't revolve any balance. The card charges nothing as long as you pay in full each month.
Chase: Hyatt, 80K PC, or 50K CO or ? How many cards can I apply for & get approved?
I want to apply for Chase stuff. FICO's range from 750-800. Moderate to thick credit file. Decent income w/ long time stable job.

Which cards should I apply for? I thought that the Hyatt, 80K Priority Club (I was targeted for the 80K card ) and the 50K CO card looked decent.

How many cards should I apply for? I would guess two Chase applications would be now OK, then more later. 3 apps may be pushing it.

Can you advise me what is my best course of action. Thank you for your help.
Hard to say. My score is in the same range as yours. The biggest negative in my score according to Credit Karma is the average account's lifespan (i.e., how long the accounts have been opened). Everything else is excellent.

It hasn't helped that I have opened the following accounts since last fall:
Continental CC for the 50K
AA AmExp for 75K
AA Visa for 75K
and I'm waiting on the Hyatt card.

To compound matters my oldest accounts are:
Discover card
Diners Club

I really want to cancel the Diners Club card once I figure out what to do with my 150K points since I don't use it and don't want to pay the annual fee but that will further ding the average age of my accounts.

I guess the trick is to have a couple of accounts with no annual fees and keep them opened forever. Then with the other accounts open and close them yearly.

Personally I don't see why the average age of your accounts has any bearing in your credit score. It should be income, reliability in paying your debts, any negative issues such as bankruptcies and debt to assets. I don't see any reason why me keeping cards like the two above should be a positive thing if I'm not using them.