Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Please continue discussion in this thread: [2015 onward]How many Chase cards do you/can you have?
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: American, Delta, United
Thanks everyone for the quick response. I believe I will go for my 4th Chase this week.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:02 pm

I was instantly approved for the Sapphire Preferred Card on Sept. 12th. Received it on the 19th.

I got targeted with a Chase Freedom offer of 30K points after first purchase. I want to utilize this. General rule is wait 30 days between cards. Do I base this benchmark on my approval date (12th) or the day I activated (19th)?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:34 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
should base on approval date
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
should base on approval date
Thank you
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:30 pm

How many Chase Cards ?

My wife currently has 2 Chase Cards, Southwest Visa and One Pass Mastercard 1 was obtained in about May and the other around July. Do you think they will also give us the Chase Sapphire ? We have great credit !
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
General credit card questions belong on the Credit Card Programs forum so I'll move it now.

Thanks,
philemer
MB! Mod
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by STEVEBARR
My wife currently has 2 Chase Cards, Southwest Visa and One Pass Mastercard 1 was obtained in about May and the other around July. Do you think they will also give us the Chase Sapphire ? We have great credit !
My wife has BA, Cont, and Sapphire I have Sapphire, Cont. and Marriott, with my wife pending on the Marriott all within10mos.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Probably. I tend to wait ~two months between Chase apps. & that works for me. I've had 4 diff. Chase cards at one time.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
It is totally OK. I have 5 chase cards. Got the CO card in May and Sapphire Preferred in Nov. And remember you can always call the reconsider line if rejected.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by CloveLeaf
It is totally OK. I have 5 chase cards. Got the CO card in May and Sapphire Preferred in Nov. And remember you can always call the reconsider line if rejected.
Thank you for the good information !
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:47 am

Ive had the Chase UA for years and this year added the BA, Sapphire, Hyatt, and now Ink Bold with no calls rejections or hassles. I will cancel the BA to make room for a Priority Club to get a targeted 80K sign-up bonus. I am starting to evaluate the Sapphire as the Ink has replaced it and I may drop the Sapphire to get Explorer bonus or something nicer next year.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by vulgarboatman
Ive had the Chase UA for years and this year added the BA, Sapphire, Hyatt, and now Ink Bold with no calls rejections or hassles. I will cancel the BA to make room for a Priority Club to get a targeted 80K sign-up bonus. I am starting to evaluate the Sapphire as the Ink has replaced it and I may drop the Sapphire to get Explorer bonus or something nicer next year.
Don't cancel any cards. You're much better off applying and being turned down, then calling reconsideration and offering to close an existing card or move credit around. If you cancel the card yourself you lose this leverage.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 9:23 pm
Formerly known as gwhit21

Programs: All of them.
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Don't cancel any cards. You're much better off applying and being turned down, then calling reconsideration and offering to close an existing card or move credit around. If you cancel the card yourself you lose this leverage.
+1 Don't lose your bargaining chip by canceling any cards.

I have 4 personal Chase cards and 1 biz. They won't seem to let me have more than that. It has been all reconsideration for me the last several times.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
2 Sapphires
1 United
1 Continental
1 SW
1 Ink
They tell me no I'll swap out the Continental....for the new Ink...or...Freddom
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
In the spirit of Easter, consider this thread resurrected. I have seen comments by a number of FTers that Chase caps individuals at 5 or 6 cards. While I always have thought that to be arbitrary - rather than total limit across all cards, which seems more scientific - I haven't ever gotten past 6 open accounts...until an approval today. I now have 7 Chase cards, all with relatively low limits. No reconsideration call was needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.