Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by nova08
Unfortunately I posed the question because I was just denied. I hoped for the upgrade so I wouldn't take a hit to the credit score but the agent said that she cannot apply a marketing code during the upgrade. I am curious if anyone had any luck with other agents.
I was given the same answer.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bartman9
I haven't been able to find the answer to this question and hopefully you guys can help. When you have this card, and when flying an award ticket, do you still get the 2 checked bags for free? Or is it only for a paid flight with the United MileagePlus Club card?
Yes, you do (at least with the Explorer card you get your first bag free, so I'd imagine that it has to work the same way with the Club card).
Old May 3, 2012, 10:17 am

Smile

Originally Posted by TorontoSingh
Smitty6 - Pm'd you for the code, hopefully you still got them to share.

Thank you kindly!
Do you have extra code you can share. Or anyone else. Please PM me.

I got 6 trip coming up that's across the US...3 weeding, my own international propsal; so this card would come handy....

Thx in advance.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:54 pm

Does anyone know how long it typically takes Chase to inform UA of your new Club membership status? I was approved on Weds and I'm hoping to use the EWR and DCA clubs tomorrow. I have been checking the UA club application page on ua.com and still doesn't say I'm a member
Old May 4, 2012, 10:38 am

Does anyone know how long it typically takes Chase to inform UA of your new Club membership status? I was approved on Weds and I'm hoping to use the EWR and DCA clubs tomorrow. I have been checking the UA club application page on ua.com and still doesn't say I'm a member
I applied last night with the help o the member here to get the first year waiver. Chase called me just now saying the credit has been approved. But they are now waiting on UNITED to convert my membership....he said it will take 7-10 days for everything to complete and for me to recieve my card.

What's the website where you can track the status??
Old May 4, 2012, 10:41 am

It took me 20 days from instant approval until receipt of the actual United Club membership card (not the credit card).
Old May 4, 2012, 11:11 am

When did you get the card?
Old May 4, 2012, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
It took me 20 days from instant approval until receipt of the actual United Club membership card (not the credit card).
You have access far sooner than when you actually receive the card. The lag time is in receiving the card not the approval process. FWIW I was approved on Weds and today I just gave the attendant my MP# and I was already in the system.
Old May 4, 2012, 2:14 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
The cc's took 2-3 weeks to arrive after application. I already have the MP Signature card, and yet still scored the first year free on the Club card!

I still haven't received the actual Club card, but when I visited the UC at SFO they just asked for my status card (Prem Plat) and let me in just on that. They said that the account was sync'd and there was no need for the Club membership card.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:13 am

Is there a number at united one can call to confirm?

Chase application status, says "you have approved with credit limit of XXX, with APR of 15.xxx%, you will receive your card in 7-10 days". So i'm fairly sure the cc is set. Although i haven't seen the cc show up on my chase.com account, but i'm guessing that's probably a system lag as well.
Old May 5, 2012, 7:54 pm

Does anybody else happen to have a code that they are willing to share with me? I'll have a few tPAC flights in the next year (plus the regular domestic flights) and I'd love club access. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2012, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since I might be traveling in May, I decided to apply using the method outlined in the first post. I was instantly approved, so I guess a free year of club access is headed my way. Apparently I can immediately make a purchase on united.com even though I don't have a physical card yet, and it is indeed already listed in my account at UA, but not at chase.com. I now have three Chase United cards.

Edited: My card came 2 days later. Fastest ever. It came in this big silver box, on a silver pull-out holder for 3 cards, with a benefits booklet and a thick luxury hotel catalog. There was even a ribbon to help you pull the contents out of the box. No swag, though -- I was hoping there would be some luggage tags or a couple of free drink coupons.

Last edited by PaulMSN; May 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm
Old May 9, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I applied but no instant confirmation. No hurry for me, I'll wait to see what they do.
Old May 10, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
I checked in today for an IAH-RSW flight, but noticed my boarding group is now 6; whereas in the past the Club Card gotten me a 4. Did they change something recently?
Old May 10, 2012, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Since I might be traveling in May, I decided to apply using the method outlined in the first post. I was instantly approved, so I guess a free year of club access is headed my way. Apparently I can immediately make a purchase on united.com even though I don't have a physical card yet, and it is indeed already listed in my account at UA, but not at chase.com. I now have three Chase United cards.

Edited: My card came 2 days later. Fastest ever. It came in this big silver box, on a silver pull-out holder for 3 cards, with a benefits booklet and a thick luxury hotel catalog. There was even a ribbon to help you pull the contents out of the box. No swag, though -- I was hoping there would be some luggage tags or a couple of free drink coupons.
Do you know how you can confirm that the access to the club lounge is already linked?

Also, when you said:"it is indeed already listed in my account at UA", where on UA do you see the acct change? I got my card, there's nothing on UA.com that's different, i actually saw the cc show up on chase.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.