Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RNE
How do I get the first-year free offer for the United Club card?

There is no foolproof method. As of January 2016, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests that the first-year-free offer (as opposed to the standard offer with $395 AF, minus $100 credit with first purchase) is targeted at UA elites and former paid Club members.

In prior years, some of the following links gave non-elites access to the first-year-free offer. Current odds of success appear to be low.
Regardless of the method used, you will need to log into your UA account to see the offer available to you.

How do I find/apply for the United MileagePlus Club Business Card?

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Club50kAF

Go to www.theexplorercard.com, then either
  • Click "Are you a business owner?" in the top right then "Learn about the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.
  • Click "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Card" in the right column then "Compare to the MileagePlus Club Business Card" in the right column.

After logging into your United account, you may be targeted for the annual fee waiver on the business version of the card.
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platium,
Is there a code available?

I am hoping someone with access to the United Club can share a code with me as well to get the first year fee waiver for the United Club Visa.

Craig
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:21 pm

Was anyone with the Explorer card successful in upgrading it to the Club card with a phone agent and still apply this First year free offer?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by nova08
Was anyone with the Explorer card successful in upgrading it to the Club card with a phone agent and still apply this First year free offer?
Oooh! Terrific idea!!

btw, when it was still the CO Presidential card, the invite codes that you got in the Club worked multiple times. Could someone check to see if that's the case and if it is, please post it openly.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HansGolden
btw, when it was still the CO Presidential card, the invite codes that you got in the Club worked multiple times. Could someone check to see if that's the case and if it is, please post it openly.
I checked last time I was in the club and each booklet had a different code.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by HansGolden
Oooh! Terrific idea!!

Unfortunately I posed the question because I was just denied. I hoped for the upgrade so I wouldn't take a hit to the credit score but the agent said that she cannot apply a marketing code during the upgrade. I am curious if anyone had any luck with other agents.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by alex_b
I checked last time I was in the club and each booklet had a different code.
I know that. During CO, I got like 15-20 codes and was giving them away on CC. Then I discovered that each code could be used multiple times.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:40 pm

It looks likes the brochures are readily available in the clubs again, albeit the stacks of them I previously saw on the counter are now behind the counter.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
3 more codes

Grabbed 3 more today. Pm me if you need a code.

UPDATE: sorry, but the codes are gone. Will try to grab some more next week.

Last edited by smitty06; May 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm Reason: update
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Multiple Chase Cards

I received the UA Explorer card 6 weeks ago and need the Chase Marriott card for the bonus for a July trip. I also hope to get the current Club Card with fee waived before that disappears. I am willing to trade in my Explorer card if needed. What should I do?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:02 am

Smitty6 - Pm'd you for the code, hopefully you still got them to share.

Thank you kindly!
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I received the UA Explorer card 6 weeks ago and need the Chase Marriott card for the bonus for a July trip. I also hope to get the current Club Card with fee waived before that disappears. I am willing to trade in my Explorer card if needed. What should I do?
Only you know the answer to your priorities. However, as you know, Chase can be finicky with too many applications within a short period of time. You can always apply for both cards and then call the reconsideration line if you are rejected. You'll need to explain why you need so much credit, and three different cards--especially since two are United cards.

Last edited by TTT103; Apr 29, 2012 at 11:49 am
Old May 1, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: CO-Nothing
Thank you Penner42 for helping me out! Just got approved and now just waiting for the card to arrive. So relieved to have one less thing to worry about with regards to seeing my dad as he fights brain cancer. Really appreciate it!

Last edited by speedyturtle; May 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm
Old May 2, 2012, 7:40 pm

I haven't been able to find the answer to this question and hopefully you guys can help. When you have this card, and when flying an award ticket, do you still get the 2 checked bags for free? Or is it only for a paid flight with the United MileagePlus Club card?
Old May 2, 2012, 7:55 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by bartman9
I haven't been able to find the answer to this question and hopefully you guys can help. When you have this card, and when flying an award ticket, do you still get the 2 checked bags for free? Or is it only for a paid flight with the United MileagePlus Club card?
They are free on United award tickets as well.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by speedyturtle
Thank you Penner42 for helping me out! Just got approved and now just waiting for the card to arrive. So relieved to have one less thing to worry about with regards to seeing my dad as he fights brain cancer. Really appreciate it!
I don't know how soon you'll be flying, but I was able to get into the clubs after my credit card arrived but before my club card showed up. Just gave them my mileage plus number and they looked up my membership. Not sure exactly how soon it was active after my approval. Glad to help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.