Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Chase -- How long to keep?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, DL SILVER,
Originally Posted by Napolehon
I just got this card this month. Would truly suck if it gets better, but how can this card get any worse? not much benefits except the one free night and couple extra points for having it for this hyatt promo.
Well, I read TPG's post and it says that we have 90 days to ask for the better deal so it might be a good idea to apply now and ask for a better deal if there is a better deal coming monday.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Napolehon
I just got this card this month. Would truly suck if it gets better, but how can this card get any worse? not much benefits except the one free night and couple extra points for having it for this hyatt promo.
All you have to do is SM chase and they will up your offer.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Carlson Gold, DL SILVER,
Originally Posted by longhorn11
All you have to do is SM chase and they will up your offer.
Will do. hopefully they add 50k hyatt points or something for the new offer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 1:22 am

There's tons of really nice cat 4 properties in Hyatt. You can easily get $300+ in value for that $75 annual fee if you can use it. (Hyatt 48 Lex NYC, HR HKG, several Park Hyatts, ...)

-David
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:47 am
Suspended

How do you calculate the 2 years? From application date, bonus received or closing the card?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by 9Benua
How do you calculate the 2 years? From application date, bonus received or closing the card?
+1. I like to know too.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by 9Benua
From the wiki in the "Applying for Chase cards" thread:

"Customers may also be able to "churn" the same card by waiting for a certain period between cancellation and reapplication. Chase's policy is not public, and FTers have devoted much discussion and speculation to this topic, both in this master thread and in the various card-specific threads. There is rough consensus that a two-year wait between cancellation and reapplication is sufficient to allow earning the bonus a second time.

Finally, note that if you reapply too soon, Chase may still issue you the new card. (This differs from other card issuers, such as Citibank, which denies such applications outright.) In this case, Chase typically notifies you by letter within a month or two after approval that, as a previous cardholder, you will not receive the bonus a second time."
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:00 pm

Our annual fee comes up in august, but we'll be keeping it. The annual free night is worth keeping, and complimentary platinum status is a bonus as well.

I haven't used it since the first month we had it to get the two free nights, but I don't see a reason to drop it (yet).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:18 pm

Question about 2 Free Nights...

Do the nights have an expiration date? Do they have to be used in one year or can you stack them?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
NJTEACHER: One year expiration.

OP:Keep the Hyatt card n years plus 1-60 days so that you get n + 2 certificates instead of n + 1 certificates and still get the fee refunded the last year. Also, try not to use the card. Then they will give you an offer for bonus points in one or more quarters after which you can go back to not using it to try to generate another bonus offer.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Do the nights have an expiration date? Do they have to be used in one year or can you stack them?
exp in 1 yr
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Please continue discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...hase-wiki.html

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.