Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
Mine was added 2 weeks after opening.
I made the $1k spend right away and will probably go from basic Club to Platinum status during a 10 days stay I have coming up soon. Will I only get Club status for the whole stay or will I have to check out and then back in to take advantage of the new Platinum status??
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:29 pm

I received my 80k points in my chase account.

I just signed up for an IHG rewards club account. How do I transfer the points in the chase account to the IHG rc account?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by currybai
I received my 80k points in my chase account.

I just signed up for an IHG rewards club account. How do I transfer the points in the chase account to the IHG rc account?
Welcome to FT!

You don't (and can't) transfer points from Chase to IHG. They're earned via Chase, and reported monthly to IHG with no intervention by the user.

It sounds as if you didn't include an IHG member number on your Chase card application. In that case, Chase asked IHG to set up an account for you -- and that's where your ~80K points are. (If this happened, call Chase & ask for the IHG account number tied to your account.)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:06 am

Mine was converted to mc. But, I've had the card since June 2012 (well the visa version and mc version for a month). So I should be ok to cancel and reapply since it's been two years? Do you think the version switch will mess up the two year?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sarrisa
Mine was converted to mc. But, I've had the card since June 2012 (well the visa version and mc version for a month). So I should be ok to cancel and reapply since it's been two years? Do you think the version switch will mess up the two year?
I think the rule for Chase is 2 years after the app, at least 1 year after canceling the old card. They haven't canceled your Visa, they just switched it to MC.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I canceled mine before the switch.. I should be able to get the new card plus bonus correct?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Welcome to FT!

You don't (and can't) transfer points from Chase to IHG. They're earned via Chase, and reported monthly to IHG with no intervention by the user.

It sounds as if you didn't include an IHG member number on your Chase card application. In that case, Chase asked IHG to set up an account for you -- and that's where your ~80K points are. (If this happened, call Chase & ask for the IHG account number tied to your account.)
thanks. I called chase and they had assigned me an account on my behalf. All the points are there already.

I think this is a great deal just for the points and the free nights every year. I even booked 2 nights at a holiday inn for 20k points, so i got 40k points left.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by duranza
I canceled mine before the switch.. I should be able to get the new card plus bonus correct?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
I think the rule for Chase is 2 years after the app, at least 1 year after canceling the old card. They haven't canceled your Visa, they just switched it to MC.
FYI---I too thought 2 years from application worked with chase --did BA --
my old card was opened April 2011 CNCLD Aug 2012 -Applied new card march 2014 -- did not get the bonus --I did read BA was more difficult --just a data point for CHASE
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by duranza
I cancelled mine in March 2014 before the conversion. Several weeks later applied for the IHG MC. Already received the 80k points in IHG account
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SPLP007
I did read BA was more difficult --just a data point for CHASE
Maybe so, because I canceled my SW Premier, reapplied 14 months later, and did get the bonus. Luckily, since I needed those points for the CP.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 9:20 pm

IHG Rewards 80K Bonus Offer

Is Chase offering the 80K bonus at this time or is it 60K?
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:18 pm

My first statement closed a few days ago, and I got the points from purchases the next day. However, no IHG platinum status yet -- is that expected?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 1:04 am

I applied IHG mastercard last week and got it today. I called to verify and there is 80k offer linked to my account. So the 80k offer is still not dead.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:33 pm

80K Offer

Did you use the link provided here on Flyertalk to get the 80K offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.