Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 7:59 pm

Wife applied using the only working link in the Wiki https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...DF01&SPID=F2RW
Received card today and CSR confirmed 70k after $1000 spend in 3 months.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cwebjohn
Has anyone applied for a 2nd card before two years after the first application and received the free category 1-4 hotel night but then received the letter from Chase about not being eligible for the "premium."?
Yes... I got the free nights but was denied the 70,000 points because I took advantage of the promotion in the last 2 years. Bummer.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:13 pm

Are there any recent experiences of applying for both the personal and the business cards within a short time period?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
I ordered my wife's card on or about the same date. Hoping for the same result...
70000 posted to my account finally. ^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:52 pm

Bad news, boys & girls: the unrestricted 70K personal card offers are now completely dead, including the zombie application pages.

The 70K offers limited to existing Marriott elites (& requiring $2K in spend instead of $1K) are still available. Otherwise, the best offer -- personal or business -- is 50K.

I've updated the wiki to add obituaries for the dearly departed.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Bad news, boys & girls: the unrestricted 70K personal card offers are now completely dead, including the zombie application pages.

The 70K offers limited to existing Marriott elites (& requiring $2K in spend instead of $1K) are still available. Otherwise, the best offer -- personal or business -- is 50K.

Wow I'm lucky! Applied last week and was just approved yesterday after moving CL from my Southwest card. CSR confirmed 70k after $1000 spend.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:55 am

I've had Marriott gold status from the Ritz Carlton card for a few months -- that means I'm an existing Marriott elite and can apply for the 70k offer, right? Because I'm logged into my account but when I try to get to the application page for the elite-only offers I get an error page about how it's only available to elites.

edit: never mind, I found an offer link on Marriott's page that works. It's the same deal, 70k/2k. Different from the wiki links so here you go:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...elitehppermv1/

Last edited by HotPie; Nov 22, 2014 at 5:13 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by HotPie
I've had Marriott gold status from the Ritz Carlton card for a few months -- that means I'm an existing Marriott elite and can apply for the 70k offer, right? Because I'm logged into my account but when I try to get to the application page for the elite-only offers I get an error page about how it's only available to elites.

edit: never mind, I found an offer link on Marriott's page that works. It's the same deal, 70k/2k. Different from the wiki links so here you go:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...elitehppermv1/
Uh oh.

I just tried all 3 elites-only 70K links from 2 accounts with Silver status (mine & DW's) & was redirected to a 50K offer every time. I see three possible explanations:
  • All the 70K offers, including the elites-only ones, are now dead.
  • The 70K elites-only offers are targeted.
  • The 70K elites-only offers are not targeted, but are unavailable to any member currently holding any Chase Marriott card. (I have a personal card; DW has a business card.)

The third option seems to me the least likely. In my experience, Chase doesn't much care at the point of application whether you already hold a card identical (or closely related) to the one you're applying for.

Is anyone with status able to reach any of the three 70K application pages listed in the wiki?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:48 am

Uh oh.

I just tried all 3 elites-only 70K links from 2 accounts with Silver status (mine & DW's) & was redirected to a 50K offer every time. I see three possible explanations:
  • The 70K elites-only offers are not targeted, but are unavailable to any member currently holding any Chase Marriott card. (I have a personal card; DW has a business card.)

The third option seems to me the least likely. In my experience, Chase doesn't much care at the point of application whether you already hold a card identical (or closely related) to the one you're applying for.

Is anyone with status able to reach any of the three 70K application pages listed in the wiki?
They're definitely not dead, the offer link still appears on marriott.com for both of us even though we've already applied. We also both have the Chase Ritz Carlton cards but no actual Marriott cards.

I just did a little experimenting and the URL that I click on from that screen actually has a couple extra parameters. The parameters are the same for both my account and my wife's account, and if I copy/paste that URL while logged into my account then I can successfully reach the application page.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/off...%26SPID%3DF8P9

Once you're logged into marriott.com, try copy/pasting this link into the URL bar of the tab that marriott.com is open in. If it doesn't work for you and you have status (we both have gold, not sure if it works for silver) then the offer must be targeted.

Last edited by HotPie; Nov 23, 2014 at 6:57 am
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by HotPie
I just did a little experimenting and the URL that I click on from that screen actually has a couple extra parameters. The parameters are the same for both my account and my wife's account, and if I copy/paste that URL while logged into my account then I can successfully reach the application page.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/off...%26SPID%3DF8P9

Once you're logged into marriott.com, try copy/pasting this link into the URL bar of the tab that marriott.com is open in. If it doesn't work for you and you have status (we both have gold, not sure if it works for silver) then the offer must be targeted.
Yes, that works. Interestingly, it doesn't work if you strip out the redirection & try going directly to the target Chase URL w/parameters.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh oh.

Actually the 3rd option is identical to what United and Chase are operating - if you hold either personal or biz Explorer card, you will not even see the 30K offer let alone the 50K offer, but you will see the Club card offer.

May be Marriott card has evolved to this set up.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I still have this card, but rarely use it. Applied over 2+ years ago.

Do I need to cancel first to reapply? If so, can I still get the 70000 points? If so, how long to wait prior to reapplying if I need to cancel.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I still have this card, but rarely use it. Applied over 2+ years ago.

Do I need to cancel first to reapply? If so, can I still get the 70000 points? If so, how long to wait prior to reapplying if I need to cancel.
Please see the wiki (including master Chase Applications wiki to which it links).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Ok I am ready to apply again it's been over 24 mos since I got my 50k bonus back in Nov 2012, card cancelled over 1 year.
Anyone can document a pattern for the 70k offer available to all? no elite status ?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
that is an awesome deal I still have 3 more months until I can re-apply! cant wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.