Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:47 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
has anyone been able to get the bonus on this card and the Ritz Carlton 70k as well?
Just applied for the Ritz 70k today and am hoping to get Marriott 70k as well.
I only ask because I assume it's fine since they are technically different products. But they are from the same parent company, so I wasn't sure. Though, I guess if Chase is the one issuing the points, they may not care.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by htang333
has anyone been able to get the bonus on this card and the Ritz Carlton 70k as well?
Just applied for the Ritz 70k today and am hoping to get Marriott 70k as well.
I only ask because I assume it's fine since they are technically different products. But they are from the same parent company, so I wasn't sure. Though, I guess if Chase is the one issuing the points, they may not care.
I was able to get both without any issues.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:20 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Bttc
I was able to get both without any issues.

Bttc, Thanks! May I ask how long did you wait in between the applications? Also, does it matter which card you apply first? I've read that RC should come first, but just want to confirm that's what others are experiencing as well.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by nkp46
So this offer is still alive?
I also heard it expired on 8/20, but apparently the links from the wiki still land correctly.
what you heard you actually read on a blog... Chase stopped paying bloggers for a 70k sign up offer on 8/20. That does not mean to say the offer here, which is not affiliated to any bloggers, is no longer valid.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I already have the Chase Marriott card from 2-3 years ago. Can I sign up for the card again even though I have an active card and get the bonus? (not concerned about free night)

If not, if I cancel, how long do I have to wait to apply?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I already have the Chase Marriott card from 2-3 years ago. Can I sign up for the card again even though I have an active card and get the bonus? (not concerned about free night)

If not, if I cancel, how long do I have to wait to apply?
This is answered in some detail in the wiki above & in the other Chase Applications thread to which it links.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Chase Marriott T+Cs

Found this is the T+Cs for the Chase Marriott Rewards card application in my home page after logging into the Credit Card section.

"Chase cardmembers who currently have or have had a Chase credit card in any Rewards Program associated with this offer or have received a similar bonus offer, may not be eligible for a second Chase credit card in the same Rewards Program, or for any bonus offer. Chase cardmembers currently receiving promotional pricing, or Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing."

If there was enforcement of "Chase cardmembers with a history of only using their current or prior Chase card for promotional pricing offers, are not eligible for a second Chase credit card with promotional pricing"alot of us would be out of the game?

Is a bonus offer the same as "promotional pricing" ?

Vic
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Yes. That wording most definitely refers to us.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 5:49 am

Problem linking new Marriott biz card to existing Chase biz login

I have a new Marriott business Visa that I'd like to link to an existing Chase business login (currently tied to Ink Plus, United business Visa, &c.). However, the Chase system isn't letting me associate it with the online account, either using the initial card activation interface -- which failed completely; had to do it by phone -- or the "add account" option in the Customer Center.

Have others experienced similar difficulties? I'm well aware of Citi's quirky requirement that Hilton cards usually be managed under a separate login, but I've never heard of Chase doing something similar. Indeed, I have a personal Marriott card linked in the usual way to my Chase personal login.

And yes, I SMed Chase. One of their less brilliant CSRs sent a profoundly unhelpful reply consisting of cut/paste instructions on how to merge Chase personal & business logins.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
I have a new Marriott business Visa that I'd like to link to an existing Chase business login (currently tied to Ink Plus, United business Visa, &c.). However, the Chase system isn't letting me associate it with the online account, either using the initial card activation interface -- which failed completely; had to do it by phone -- or the "add account" option in the Customer Center.

Have others experienced similar difficulties? I'm well aware of Citi's quirky requirement that Hilton cards usually be managed under a separate login, but I've never heard of Chase doing something similar. Indeed, I have a personal Marriott card linked in the usual way to my Chase personal login.

And yes, I SMed Chase. One of their less brilliant CSRs sent a profoundly unhelpful reply consisting of cut/paste instructions on how to merge Chase personal & business logins.
Yes. It is because you have TWO or more profiles with Chase - that is probably created due to Name used on the application, or slight difference in the address. Any discrepancies would create a different profile and then creates the issues you now discover. When the profiles are different, you cannot link them under one log in by doing it yourself however the web support could do it for you.

You would need to call Chase web support and give them your details. They can then link the new Marriott Biz to the existing Biz log in. Or, you can actually have everything listed under ONE single log in, that must be the Business Account's log in, and have multiple profiles showing under neath. That was I ended up having when the web support gal went ahead to do it this way, BEFORE informing me such. But I kind of like it now.

I have business checking and 2 business cards (Ink Plus and UA) under one profile, and an old Ink Cash under a different profile because this card does not have middle initial. They all are listed in the top section of the Chase online account page. Personal checking / saving, and cards, are listed in the bottom section of the page. I also have 2 profiles in the personal cards section, again, due to the Freedom from 7 years ago does not have middle initial.

One more thing, if your online profile has banking products, be sure to DELETE the existing linked external accounts before doing the Merger of Profiles. Because once the profiles are merged, the existing linked external accounts turned into "ghost accounts" that you could not view or do anything online, but then the system would PREVENT you to re-link the same bank account, giving you the error message of "account is used by another Chase account" something like that.

Then it is an ordeal to go back and forth with SM which eventually would have some tech support folks (from Manila) to call you and do this from his end when you give him the inputs one by one. Super annoying. Though the rep that did call to get the issue fixed, was super polite and nice. That is the only consolation.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 31, 2014 at 2:16 pm
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. It is because you have TWO or more profiles with Chase - that is probably created due to Name used on the application, or slight difference in the address. Any discrepancies would create a different profile and then creates the issues you now discover. When the profiles are different, you cannot link them under one log in by doing it yourself however the web support could do it for you.

You would need to call Chase web support and give them your details. They can then link the new Marriott Biz to the existing Biz log in. Or, you can actually have everything listed under ONE single log in, that must be the Business Account's log in, and have multiple profiles showing under neath. That was I ended up having when the web support gal went ahead to do it this way, BEFORE informing me such. But I kind of like it now.

I have business checking and 2 business cards (Ink Plus and UA) under one profile, and an old Ink Cash under a different profile because this card does not have middle initial. They all are listed in the top section of the Chase online account page. Personal checking / saving, and cards, are listed in the bottom section of the page. I also have 2 profiles in the personal cards section, again, due to the Freedom from 7 years ago does not have middle initial.
I have ONE online Chase account with a mixture of personal & business credit cards. Some with my "nickname" and some with my proper first name.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
I have ONE online Chase account with a mixture of personal & business credit cards. Some with my "nickname" and some with my proper first name.
I also have ONE online Chase accoun. In it, there are different profiles contain accounts associated with said profile - but everything is under ONE log in, hence ONE online account.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I have had a Chase Marriott Business Card for many years and applied for the Premier Personal card under the 70,000 point promo. When I applied I got the email that your application is under review. That was a few weeks ago. Just today I got an email stating I had the Category 1-4 certificate deposited in my account for the new Visa card. Expecting the card in the mail in the next day or 2.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
This is answered in some detail in the wiki above & in the other Chase Applications thread to which it links.
I just posted in the other thread but let me add to this post. The wiki/other thread does say you can get the card again 24 months after your points post (not app date) but you won't get the free night. BUT the terms explicitly say for the marriott personal card: "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts"

I'm guessing that even though the terms say this you can still get the points, just haven't seen anyone confirm that they have done this successfully...
Old Sep 10, 2014, 3:18 pm

data point:
- had previous Marriott card little over 24 months, closed at 1 yr mark
- applied again with same Marriott # and received my Category 1-4 certificate
- statement also shows 70,000 points going to Marriott, gotta wait a few days to see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.