Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived.

Please continue the discussion here: Marriott Credit Card Offers (2016)
Print Wikipost

[Ongoing offers] Now 80K points, free night, AF not waived, Marriott Premier Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by wise2u
I got both...you get the bonus points.
Also got the additional 10 or 15 nights.
Offer was 1 cat 1-4 cert for personal card and 2 certs for business card...was told since I already got 1 cert for personal card I would only get 1 more for business card....I didn't care as the certs are less valuable than the points to me.
Good data point, thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:22 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
No referral offers in this thread

As a reminder, referrals should only be posted in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:52 pm

Link for 70,000 points/$2,000 spend for Marriott Premier business card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67K4&SPID=F9T9
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:34 pm

I received the 2 free night cert and 30k points back in March - I understand if I can't get the 2 free nights again (likely ever), but would love a chance at 70k miles - I would have to wait 2 years right? - From what I have read that is the cut off for getting the same card, although how much of a business do you have to have? I have a sad attempt at a photography "business", really more of a hobby that I sell a few things every now and then, but no wear near actually making money.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by HappyKat
Link for 70,000 points/$2,000 spend for Marriott Premier business card.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67K4&SPID=F9T9
Thanks. Ads for the upgraded 70,000/$2000 offer for the Marriott Premier personal card offer are now everywhere, even here on FT:

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...6848/109548584

Still a higher hurdle than the 70,000/$1000 nonpublic offer we on FT already knew about.

Originally Posted by Scotttyd
I received the 2 free night cert and 30k points back in March - I understand if I can't get the 2 free nights again (likely ever), but would love a chance at 70k miles - I would have to wait 2 years right? - From what I have read that is the cut off for getting the same card, although how much of a business do you have to have? I have a sad attempt at a photography "business", really more of a hobby that I sell a few things every now and then, but no wear near actually making money.
You understand it correctly. Any attempt at a business qualifies. Chase does not attempt to make you prove that your business is "actually making money." (This is similar to the IRS: I.e.- if you deduct your trip to Jamaica as a business expense because you are writing a book about Jamaica, that is a legitimate write-off. If the book does not sell, that does not change the validity of the IRS deduction.)
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:48 am

I've updated the wiki to include landing & app page links for the 70K business card offers.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I searched the thread and didn't find the answer to my question, but I noticed that on the Marriott website there is an offer for the 70K card. This card makes you spend $2,000 in the first three months, but also gives you 5X for money spent at Ritz-Carlton (references "over 3,800 Marriott locations"), versus the one in the wiki, which is spend $1,000 but no mention of Ritz and references "over 3,600 Marriott locations"). Should I stick to the assumption that the latter card does not offer 5X at the Ritz?

Mike
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
I searched the thread and didn't find the answer to my question, but I noticed that on the Marriott website there is an offer for the 70K card. This card makes you spend $2,000 in the first three months, but also gives you 5X for money spent at Ritz-Carlton (references "over 3,800 Marriott locations"), versus the one in the wiki, which is spend $1,000 but no mention of Ritz and references "over 3,600 Marriott locations"). Should I stick to the assumption that the latter card does not offer 5X at the Ritz?

Mike
Marriott cards of any version would earn you 5x at hotels in Marriott family. Ritz seems to be all on its own.

Do you stay at Ritz with pay nights?

That should immediately answer you question.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:46 am

I currently hold neither the personal or the business version of the Marriott card.

Would it be highly unlikely to apply for both at the same time, and be approved for both?

Last edited by bigugly; Jul 25, 2014 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by jn in ca
Still a higher hurdle than the 70,000/$1000 nonpublic offer we on
You understand it correctly. Any attempt at a business qualifies. Chase does not attempt to make you prove that your business is "actually making money." (This is similar to the IRS: I.e.- if you deduct your trip to Jamaica as a business expense because you are writing a book about Jamaica, that is a legitimate write-off. If the book does not sell, that does not change the validity of the IRS deduction.)
so I got the dreaded "need further review" and they will contact me in 10-30 days, lets hope it works out. Is this normal for a business app (my first attempt at a business card)
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone have luck getting both the consumer and business card using 2BM?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:21 pm

Don't take "no" for an answer

so I got the dreaded "need further review" and they will contact me in 10-30 days, lets hope it works out. Is this normal for a business app (my first attempt at a business card)
don't let them bully you. the front line CSR reps are worthless. Push to move credit from existing lines if you are denied immediately. I just did successfully after a little pushing.

Applied for the 70k Marriott card. Got the pending message. Called Chase number.

CSR told me "sorry, we can't tell you anything, wait for your [denial] letter.

I offered to move credit from another account, and she said "no, you can only do that on an approved account to make the credit line bigger".

I said "no, that is incorrect, I did it this past december when I moved credit from my CSP to open my BA Visa that would've otherwise been denied".

Then she puts me on hold, asks for my name and social again, and comes back with a Chase Lending Services credit analyst who was able to move credit from my BA card (which Chase quietly doubled the CL on) to open the 70k Marriott Visa (imagine that!).

So don't let Chase and their snippety little phone reps keep you from reaching a true recon analyst.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can avoid all these drama by calling Directly to the Chase Lending Dept. aka the Recon(sideration) dept. A 1 minute google seach would give you the right number to call, and it will be a Credit Analyst pick up your call.

BTW, personal cards and business cards have different Recon numbers. The credit lines can be moved between personal card and business card in both directions. I opened BA last Oct by taking some line from an Ink cash. This May Chase took some line from my Freedom to open an Ink Plus WITHOUT me ever knowing it until after the fact. So the lines can definitely move in both directions despite sometimes people being told otherwise.

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
don't let them bully you. the front line CSR reps are worthless. Push to move credit from existing lines if you are denied immediately. I just did successfully after a little pushing.

Applied for the 70k Marriott card. Got the pending message. Called Chase number.

CSR told me "sorry, we can't tell you anything, wait for your [denial] letter.

I offered to move credit from another account, and she said "no, you can only do that on an approved account to make the credit line bigger".

I said "no, that is incorrect, I did it this past december when I moved credit from my CSP to open my BA Visa that would've otherwise been denied".

Then she puts me on hold, asks for my name and social again, and comes back with a Chase Lending Services credit analyst who was able to move credit from my BA card (which Chase quietly doubled the CL on) to open the 70k Marriott Visa (imagine that!).

So don't let Chase and their snippety little phone reps keep you from reaching a true recon analyst.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You can avoid all these drama by calling Directly to the Chase Lending Dept. aka the Recon(sideration) dept. A 1 minute google seach would give you the right number to call, and it will be a Credit Analyst pick up your call.

BTW, personal cards and business cards have different Recon numbers. The credit lines can be moved between personal card and business card in both directions. I opened BA last Oct by taking some line from an Ink cash. This May Chase took some line from my Freedom to open an Ink Plus WITHOUT me ever knowing it until after the fact. So the lines can definitely move in both directions despite sometimes people being told otherwise.
thanks for the info - but I have not received the letter (denial or approval) should I wait until the letter comes, then see what they say?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks for the info - but I have not received the letter (denial or approval) should I wait until the letter comes, then see what they say?
No need to wait. I generally give it a few hours for their system to reflect the applications.

Just make sure you are prepared when and if the credit analyst asks you questions, especially on business cards, that you would give a convincing answer, as well as you know which existing card you are willing to part the credit line either by moving or by closing.

Key is you do not want to be making decision on the fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.