Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:49 pm

For anyone who cares:

History: Applied 6/21; approved 6/22; sent first SM morning of 6/22; denied evening of 6/22; sent response evening of 6/22 requesting reconsideration;

Received this:

This is in response to your inquiry about getting the
100,000 bonus points offer on your Chase Sapphire card
ending in XXXX.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate
department for review and you should receive a response
within one business day.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact the
number listed below and either myself, or one of my
colleagues will be able to assist you. For your
convenience, we are available to assist you 24 hours a
day.
Waited about 30 hours, and finally got this a few moments ago:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us again in
regards to the Sapphire 100,000 points.

Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on actions taken
on other cardmember accounts.

As indicated in our previous e-mail response, the 100,000
enrollment bonus offer was sent to a select number of
people who had no previous Chase Sapphire account. The
offer is by invitation only and can not be applied to
anyone who was not solicited for this promotional offer.

Unless you can provide an invitation and offer code that
sent specifically to you, we are considering this issue
closed. I regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.
Looks like the gig is up (as if it wasn't already). Just wanted to post for all those waiting for a response to a message like #1 above.

Booo.

It's been fun, though.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:37 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by bro22k
I will not move forward with this card if the don't honor the 50K bonus points. Like it was said earlier, 50K is not worth a $3K spend. I just received 100K for a $1K spend with AMEX Plat. If they say "no" I will just cancel, with a 774 CS, I am sure I will get plenty of offers else where.
The AMEX platinum is a $450/year card. Kind of pricey. Robyn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by thexfactor
For anyone who cares:

History: Applied 6/21; approved 6/22; sent first SM morning of 6/22; denied evening of 6/22; sent response evening of 6/22 requesting reconsideration;

Received this:

Looks like the gig is up (as if it wasn't already). Just wanted to post for all those waiting for a response to a message like #1 above.

Booo.

It's been fun, though.
I got the same BS response.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:44 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Igor718
How come you didn't go for AMEX GOld Business ..? 75K points. They approve everyone it seems. Just call them during activation and give them the promo code.

Also ... AA Citi business card. Go for it. Another 75K.
I get numerous offers for "business" cards. Don't qualify for any since I don't have a business. Robyn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
For anyone who cares:

Received this:

Booo.

It's been fun, though.
Originally Posted by yoshapman
still havent gotten my response....but as soon as i cash out my $530 check, im going to cancel and when they ask for a reason i'll tell them exactly why.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by robyng
The AMEX platinum is a $450/year card. Kind of pricey. Robyn
its expensive, but if you travel a lot its more than worth it, it comes with lounge access to multiple airlines, 200 in airline credit, and $100 global entry free.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Not complaining

Over the last two years, I have received:

100K miles from BA - with a companion pass.

100,000 points from C1

45K miles from Amex - Delta

175K from Citi on AA

and now the 50K points from Chase on the Sapphire Card. Would I have liked to have gotten in on the 100K score, sure. But I'm not going to complain. A $500 payback for doing something I do anyway (charge $$ expenses) is pretty cool. I'm excited to try this product and see how it measures up to the C1 card which I'm loving.

At the end of this year, I'll have to make my yearly assessment of what cards I'm keeping and what cards I'm letting go. While C1's largesse may give them an edge over the Chase Sapphire at that time, I'm certainly not kicking Chase (or the $500) out of bed at this time.

I'm grateful.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:08 pm

I messaged for the points the first day this thing popped up. I received an email that I would receive the extra 50,000 as a gesture of their commitment. She said the points were credited and would show up online in 2 days. Well, the points never showed. I emailed again and they now are denying me the points giving me the standard rejection everyones getting now. This despite getting approved for the points at first. Any thoughts? Ive since emailed back 2 times and denied both times ignoring the fact that I was promised the points 4 days ago.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:11 pm

There are reports of folks cashing out on the "fortune"... amid someone mentioning negative points = pricey $0.03 each. My fortune cookie says "take thy time" and I'm still on the fence. Planning on purchasing train and hotel combo for Norway next month, but Ultimate Rewards site doesn't have such combo (or no train tix at all).

Should I just "waive" that "$250" travel bonus by cashing out with $1,000 check instead? Have there been concrete instances whereby Chase giveth and Chase taketh at since it was their "goodwill" semi-error of sort?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:19 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by cazic99
I am sorry, compared to other deals around here like the AA 75k, BA 100k, AMex 75k, 50k points for $3k spent is garbage . Chase should be honoring the additional 50k like Amex did, if not we should all cancel. If you just take the 50k , that is fine too. But that is a horrible deal in comparison to other recent deals here.
It's worth it to me - since CO is one of my 2 primary carriers - and I am not getting much of anything on my Chase CO MC except the right to pay an annual fee. Miles on airlines like AA and BA are worthless to me. I'm not sure what the attraction is in terms of racking up a few miles here - and a few miles there - on a lot of airlines. Robyn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's worth it to me - since CO is one of my 2 primary carriers - and I am not getting much of anything on my Chase CO MC except the right to pay an annual fee. Miles on airlines like AA and BA are worthless to me. I'm not sure what the attraction is in terms of racking up a few miles here - and a few miles there - on a lot of airlines. Robyn
How come AA and BA miles worthless to you?

AA miles fetch the highest bidders when offered in Coupon forum on this board in exchange for other "currencies". Certainly it is because the majority of folks feel AA miles do offer excellent redemption value.

A potential 150K (225K) AA miles and 100K BA miles are hardly a few miles here a few miles there.

Do you ever do any International Travel at all?

Do you realize a mere 20K AA miles can get you an off-peak Europe - North America that includes a North America gateway city AND possible a Hawaii destination (or Alaska, or Vancouver, or Los Angeles/San Francisco/Seattle - whichever stroke your fancy)?

As an example, we recently traveled on a 20K AA off-peak Europe to North America award. We already flew the CDG-MIA portion in Mid May when we returned from a 16 days Transatlantic cruise + a 25 days land trip over Spain and France. The remaining portion of MIA-LAX-LIH will be flown in October - all for a mere 20K miles per person. Can CO do that?
On return leg, we have a 15K (yes) AA off-peak North America to South America 1 award to fly HNL-DFW-MIA and then fly MIA-LIM in January. A measly 15K AA miles.

So, for a total of 35K AA miles (20+15), one can travel from Europe to North America gateway as stopover and onto Hawaii in future date. Return from Hawaii back to North America gateway for stopover and later onto Central America or South America zone 1. I doubt 35K CO miles can buy you the same thing.

Do you know a 20K BA miles can get you from MIA to South America one-way with stopovers en route? Among the best bargains found in all airline programs.

BA miles also allow unlimit stopovers en route - so theoretically one can book on AA and crisscross the country to visit family and friends on a 12.5Kx2 BA North America award.

While I see you are based in JAX, AA may not be your most convenient airline, but it is hardly worthless - AA miles that is.

You can mix AA and AA partners on same award. Though you must call to book if partner flights are involved and pay $25 phone booking fee.

Give some time to study different airlines award programs and how they work so you would not cheat yourself out due to your lack of better understanding of what each program can offer.

But if your travel is confined in domestic USA and would not venture out your home JAX for better deals, then may be you do need to be restricted by the 2 primary airlines you feel you have to. Or you are contend to just use the most familiar award chart without learning new gigs, then may be sticking to CO is worth it to you.

Still, broadening your view may open up a whole new horizon for you that you do not realize before.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 23, 2011 at 3:49 pm
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:32 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by mangoMan
Is that a fee to transfer miles between CO accounts or between Sapphire award accounts? I plan on doing a similar thing, but I was under the impression I could transfer 50K award points directly into my wife's CO account with no issues (haven't tried it yet, though).
That is a fee to transfer between CO accounts. Is your wife a cardholder on the Chase account? If she is - you can probably transfer points to her CO account. If not - probably not. FWIW - I asked a similar question in another thread - never got an answer (but that is the way it works in general with transfers to CO from our AMEX MR account). Robyn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA, BA
BA miles can be used on AA flights, so the 100k BA might not count towards lifetime AA status the partnership makes it worthwhile.

If you want travel to south america the 100K BA is a great deal because AA and LAN are in OW and offer valuable award seats there and if you fly off-peak even better value.

But I do try to stick to airlines that are relevant to my travel patterns and the BA, AA partnership is a great deal.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, SPG, HHonors, PC
Originally Posted by ianturner
For anyone who cares:

Received this:

Booo.

It's been fun, though.
Originally Posted by yoshapman
still havent gotten my response....but as soon as i cash out my $530 check, im going to cancel and when they ask for a reason i'll tell them exactly why.
You'll cancel your card and tell them it's because they didn't give you an extra 50k points that you didn't qualify for. Just making sure I understand your anger.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
In response to my second rejection which says that it's only for people who are targeted, I wrote this:

It is a fact Chase has made the S6V 100,000 point offer
available to tons of people who were NOT sent invitations
for this offer and were NOT targeted for the offer. These
customers simply asked Chase to honor the S6V offer, and
Chase gave them the additional 50,000 points as a
courtesy. I know several personal friends and one family
member who were not targeted for the offer but were
extended this courtesy. This fact has even been reported
on major travel websites and message boards.

I'm sure you can understand why I feel that Chase is
treating me unfairly and why I am having doubts about
whether you really "value [my] association with Chase."
All I want is for Chase to treat me as has treated all the
other customers who weren't targeted for the offer but
received the additional 50,000 points. That's what a good
company that valued my business would do. Thank you for
your understanding.
Their BS response was this:

I am writing in response to your e-mail inquiring the
100,000 bonus reward currently promoted for Chase Sapphire
customers.

I understand that you have received an offer for 50,000
reward points and would like to receive an offer of
100,000 points. It is never our intention to cause
inconvenience to our customers due to the different
offers. The offer which you received was the offer
promoted at the time of your application.

Further, it is the marketing team which decides such
offers and promotes them for new customers while the
application processes. Keeping the volatility of the
markets in mind, different offers are made available at
different times. Please note that the offer was an
acquisition test offer only and was sent to a select
customers through direct mail. Regretfully, this is a non
transferable offer, therefore, I am unable to honor your
request for 100,000 bonus points as a sign up offer.

I sincerely apologize that I am unable to meet your
expectations in this matter. Nothing would have pleased
me more than to provide the resolution you are seeking.
If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.