Search

Taxis for 5 pax at SJO?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Taxis for 5 pax at SJO?

Photos on the SJO website appear to show larger taxis scattered through the official cab rank at the airport.

Is this the case, or should I be pre-booking if I want a car to take 5?

Thanks

Tony
Old Jul 12, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
No Worries,

There are minivans in the official taxi lineup. If none when you arrive, maybe a two minute wait until one arrives. The cost is almost the same as the regular taxis. Have Fun!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TacaCopaFlyer
No Worries,

There are minivans in the official taxi lineup. If none when you arrive, maybe a two minute wait until one arrives. The cost is almost the same as the regular taxis. Have Fun!
Perfect, thanks!

Am I right in thinking I need to visit the taxi desk in arrivals first?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:09 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

Am I right in thinking I need to visit the taxi desk in arrivals first?
It's been a while since I had a late night arrival as I take the bus during the day, but always just walked to taxi before.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:35 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
When you go outside after customs, you’ll walk down a short corridor with plexiglass on the right that separates you from all the people waiting to meet passengers. At the end of that walkway, you’ll see the taxi drivers. They wear light colored shirts and dark trousers. They’ll ask you if you need a taxi. Tell them that you have a party of five, and they’ll take you to a van, rather than a sedan.

Make sure everybody has their things gathered up and ready to go before you go outside. Not that it’s dangerous, but I know of a few cases where an arriving passenger has set something down outside and someone in the crowd has snatched it in the commotion.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

SJOGuy thanks for that.

One more question - I assume we won't get a hard time from them for just going to the DoubleTree?

Thanks again
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
They have a special line for close-in rides called "Extras". You may have to wait an extra 2-3 minutes. The whole thing from leaving customs to sitting in your van should not take more than 5 minutes.

I live less than a mile from the DoubleTree, and use the service about 3 times a month in regular cab and once a month in a larger vehicle when with family and luggage. It should cost you about 8000 colones or $16. I usually tip as they help with luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.