Wiki Posts
Search

Which flts do crew hate the most?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:28 pm

Is mango country India? Phillipines?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by nolounge
There's really only 5 aircraft types left on CX's fleet. 4 if you don't count the 772's.
777-300 and 777-300ER are the same for all intents and purposes. It wouldn't surprise me if most CX cabin crew were all qualified for A330, A350 and 777.

As far as pilots are concerned there are only two aircraft type ratings. 777 and A330/350.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by nolounge
There's really only 5 aircraft types left on CX's fleet. 4 if you don't count the 772's.
three to be exact

773Z/77W
A333
A359
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
curious about the negative comments regarding onboard experience on india flights ... is that mainly due to meal requests or demographics or pax behavior or other reasons? interesting thread ... cx cc have been uniformly professional on all flts i have ever been on.
Meal requests are one thing but pax behavior as well. Many occasions on India flights the lavatories get abused so heavily they become borderline inoperable. (Honestly since I know the same person prepares my meals and takes care of the lav, I really don't understand why people are okay/feel fine with their 'liberalism' at the lav.)

That being said, as far as I know, I certainly don't imply it's like this all the time/for everyone, and again some crew love India flights for the $, hotels and laundry services there.

Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
Is mango country India? Phillipines?
India is known as 'shake head country' by HKG crew.

Originally Posted by 1010101
777-300 and 777-300ER are the same for all intents and purposes. It wouldn't surprise me if most CX cabin crew were all qualified for A330, A350 and 777.

As far as pilots are concerned there are only two aircraft type ratings. 777 and A330/350.
Except for outport base, all CX crew are trained on all sorts of aircraft. (As soon as the company is able to get them trained)
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress
curious about the negative comments regarding onboard experience on india flights ... is that mainly due to meal requests or demographics or pax behavior or other reasons? interesting thread ... cx cc have been uniformly professional on all flts i have ever been on.
Was wondering the same. Am considering CX PEY for my fall India trip. Usually fly AA/BA but CX PEY will help me requal for status so why not.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Was wondering the same. Am considering CX PEY for my fall India trip. Usually fly AA/BA but CX PEY will help me requal for status so why not.
The airline you fly on makes little difference. I know BA crew dislike the routes too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.