Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
MPC soft landings?

As I've been crediting all my OW flights to BA in the last year, I had 40 club points in my account and my Gold membership year has just finished.

By right, I should not even be a green member anymore. However, I have soft-landed to Silver. I have been a combination of Gold and Diamond member for around 12 years - not sure if this has been a factor.

Maybe a new unofficial soft landing policy?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:02 pm

I have soft landed twice to SL and thought this was standard policy...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:20 pm

I also soft landed today from Diamond to Gold when by rights I was barely scraping by for Silver, as I also credited more flights to BA after the Marco Polo changes.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:15 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gpia
I have soft landed twice to SL and thought this was standard policy...
Interesting. The collective wisdom on the forum previously was that there was no soft landing, and no one had previously posted any experience contrary to this.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: CX GO, SPG GO
Originally Posted by sxc
Interesting. The collective wisdom on the forum previously was that there was no soft landing, and no one had previously posted any experience contrary to this.
Renewed in Nov/Dec to Gold, with ~40 tier points to go. Thought I was going to eat Silver for sure.

I forget the wording of the letter, but the gist was, "we're starting to freak out about people jumping ship. Enjoy your gold!"
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
I'm waiting for my case.
After 13 consecutive years of Diamond, I have changed my main FFP.
When I changed, I already had club miles/TP for Gold.
So, naturally, I was downgrraded to Gold.
However, in this membership year, I have earned 0 tier point.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I got bounced down softly, year by year, but that was before MPC Green required a renewal fee. Sadly, as of 31/1 I have now been bounced out to Asiamiles, despite 7 years of Diamond and 1M club miles. So much for "loyalty".
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
cx needs to maintain minimum pax base of elite flyers like DM and Gold not because they love you, but because its marketing edge for advertisement. they can only attract corporate advertisement for prestigeous products/services like private banks or Piaget watchs which pays well in comparison and helps to prestigeous corporate image, but they need a selling point to demonstrate their penetration to high net worth client base... for right or wrong reasons number of DM and GOLD members substantiate these. wpuld you think of CX differently if it was Macdonald ads...put it around when did you see a ritz carlton advertisement alongside airAsia or Jetstar.

so they know they screwed up and elites are deserting in masses at alarming rate and needed to stop bleeding. good luck to them. or wait a year i am sure complimentary Gold/DM will be back for Amex promotion ex hkg (regional reach of elite pax is also a consideration) to beef up their numbers.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Mine was ~2013, wouldn't know how to figure out when exactly. Was GO and didn't make SL by a mile that year, but still got it without asking - I knew I wasn't going to fly with CX much anyhow, so I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask. Spent some more time thinking about it after my first post, and it was actually only once, not twice. Got confused cause after that SL year, I dropped to GR, and status matched back to SL from two *A Golds. Since then always made GO. No experience since the changes tho.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:16 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Received my renewal letter that said that although I should have been a "green or Asia miles member" (yes they said that) based on my previous years of loyalty they were only dropping to silver.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:04 am

I always figured, in general:
*A=2 years but no soft landing
OW=1 year but soft landing

Thing is, haven't seen the topic discussed on this board at all, but then again have only been around for 2 years or so. Question remains is the "generosity" gesture is in place since the program changes, or has always been...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
I certainly hope this is the case.

After a dozen or so years at diamond, I dropped to gold last year and on current tracking drop to green this year.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by sxc
Received my renewal letter that said that although I should have been a "green or Asia miles member" (yes they said that) based on my previous years of loyalty they were only dropping to silver.
This is good news to you!

Perhaps CX is losing too many loyal members since the change of MPC in April, so they gotta do something on the loyalty.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SLGO
Perhaps CX is losing too many loyal members since the change of MPC in April, so they gotta do something on the loyalty.
Too little too late. The current form of the MPO inspires little to no loyalty.

Gone from a numbers of consecutive years of Gold to maybe 20 Tier points haha. Let's see what happens in March
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by mdevans
I certainly hope this is the case.

After a dozen or so years at diamond, I dropped to gold last year and on current tracking drop to green this year.
Let's see if you soft land to silver as well then. When is it due?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.