Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Priority baggage tags - will there be new ones, ever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG

So I was walking around IFC today and there were these people who looked like they just landed back in HKG. Anyway, the point is they had the priority baggage tags still on, and the old logo just caught my eye. Wondering whether there will actually be any new baggage tags, or if anyone has ever seen them.

I vaguely remember a photo someone posted showing new tags with the new logo and general aesthetic - only that they changed the tag to one with one of those elastic band loop things rather than the old stick-on loop...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:26 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I'm sure there will be new tags once they need to order new stock.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
never use them. DM tag puts u bag at higher chance of theft, green tag just make u look like total tool if not an A grade clown

biggest issue is it shows my name... if only membership number its ok but i care about privacy a lot
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:59 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fakecd
never use them. DM tag puts u bag at higher chance of theft, green tag just make u look like total tool if not an A grade clown

biggest issue is it shows my name... if only membership number its ok but i care about privacy a lot
We are talking about the "BUSINESS CLASS" tag put on by the checkin staff.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
On a flight to LA last month I had a priority tag which reminded me of the ones i used to get on star alliance - where they sandwich the bright coloured orange priority tag into the standard sticky printed tag. Thought at that time "that's new" and they must have changed from the separate priority wrap tag, but now haven't seen it again since.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I had 5 business/first class tags on once, then CX F check-in removed them ;(

Does CX do studies into what tags mean most to paid biz/first class passengers? I know the psychology of p2p status recognition is powerful, but I wonder if there can be a tipping point where the tags are so good that people will fly J/F to get the tags.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by jacobsleather
On a flight to LA last month I had a priority tag which reminded me of the ones i used to get on star alliance - where they sandwich the bright coloured orange priority tag into the standard sticky printed tag. Thought at that time "that's new" and they must have changed from the separate priority wrap tag, but now haven't seen it again since.
You mean this?

Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:44 am

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Originally Posted by jdtravels
So I was walking around IFC today and there were these people who looked like they just landed back in HKG. Anyway, the point is they had the priority baggage tags still on, and the old logo just caught my eye. Wondering whether there will actually be any new baggage tags, or if anyone has ever seen them.

I vaguely remember a photo someone posted showing new tags with the new logo and general aesthetic - only that they changed the tag to one with one of those elastic band loop things rather than the old stick-on loop...
I was the one who posted those tags with the loop and apparently according to others, those aren't the new tags but rather just to illustrate the colour palette for the different classes of service
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by sscywong
You mean this?

Do they have differentiation for different classes of service? SQ and LF both use the systemwide *A priority tags but differentiate different priority levels.

I have yet to see this on AA and other OW airline priority tags though
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by sscywong
You mean this?

Yes thats the one.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hl176
Do they have differentiation for different classes of service? SQ and LF both use the systemwide *A priority tags but differentiate different priority levels.

I have yet to see this on AA and other OW airline priority tags though
QF used to (not sure if still do) have this style of tag and also had First/Business/priority tags. Priority went to those with status but not travelling in F/J.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Saw new priority tags being but in my luggage out of HKG tonight. Anyone else see those? Will try to post pics when i arrive
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by fast03
Saw new priority tags being but in my luggage out of HKG tonight. Anyone else see those? Will try to post pics when i arrive
Yes... Got one when returning form PEK today
Old Dec 25, 2016, 2:37 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I received new style priority tags ex HKG this week.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:36 pm

These ones?

The new heavy tags do look quite nice; have the fragile tags been restyled as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.