Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Moving to Terminal 8 at JFK in January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Moving to Terminal 8 at JFK in January

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So you can't have snacks or drinks before he flight? Or just the menu a la carte service?
Snacks/drinks will be available. Dining room will be closed.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:36 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Checking for a friend.

10a JFKHKG - 2 parents ticketed in F, 4 kids ticketed in J.

What's the lounge story? 2 parents plus 2 kids in Flagship Lounge, 2 other kids in traditional Admiral's Club?
AA webpage states International OW J gets you into FL lounge just no a la carte dining.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
AA webpage states International OW J gets you into FL lounge just no a la carte dining.
Yes on the FL, though it's been reported that CX F will get you into the Flagship First Dining (a la carte), probably as a separate arrangement between AA and CX. However, it does not appear to be a published benefit and there's no official guest policy. AA F would get you one guest, so it's possible that they would allow the same for CX F passengers.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Checking for a friend.

10a JFKHKG - 2 parents ticketed in F, 4 kids ticketed in J.

What's the lounge story? 2 parents plus 2 kids in Flagship Lounge, 2 other kids in traditional Admiral's Club?
Everyone gets in the FL, 2 parents and 2 kids gets Flagship dining. The 2 other kids will have to settle for the buffet...

Interestingly, there's no proper table-for-four in the FD, only one (rather cramped) in the bar area. Let alone a table for six.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Sounds good, but it surprises me that AA keeps open the Flagship lounge for such a late departure.
I'm guessing CX pays for it.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Everyone gets in the FL, 2 parents and 2 kids gets Flagship dining. The 2 other kids will have to settle for the buffet...

Interestingly, there's no proper table-for-four in the FD, only one (rather cramped) in the bar area. Let alone a table for six.
The horror of suffering thru the buffet vs. a la carte dining. First world problem.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC

This is helpful. I'll pass it along. I'm a fan of the new facility but am typically solo at T8. Thanks.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:49 am

Another question -

For CX F, head to CX counters @ T8, or American Flagship entrance?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Member

Another question -

For CX F, head to CX counters @ T8, or American Flagship entrance?
Please refer to post 155.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:29 am

Thanks for this. Just claimed 2F/4J for some friends yesterday, they're newbies and I've not yet departed from T8 myself.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe I misread, but I didn't see a definitive answer/explanation/proof.
That said, the AA Flagship Checkin policy recently changed, and access is only for passengers on AA flights; OneWorld partners no longer qualify.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Member

The point is now moot. Previously if you were ticketed JFK-BOS-HKG with JFK-BOS on AA and BOS-HKG in F, you could have used Flagship Checkin at JFK.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The point is now moot. Previously if you were ticketed JFK-BOS-HKG with JFK-BOS on AA and BOS-HKG in F, you could have used Flagship Checkin at JFK.
Perhaps I'm
Who is flying JFK-BOS-HKG in F that is asking about Flagship Checkin?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:18 pm
Original Member

jamienbaker was asking if Flagship check-in can be used CX JFK-HKG. The short answer is no. The technical reason it is no is in post 155. But it is moot now that AA appears to no longer offer Flagship check-in at all for OW F passengers.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Just flew 841 from JFK to HKG last Friday. It was 10am flight. Lines at security at first look were prohibited long, however, we were directed to a shorter lane, I guess maybe the J/F lane. There was another even shorter line that says "TSA Pre", but can't use that one. It took us less than 20 minutes to clear the security. Our gate was at 47, it's about 10 min walk from the flagship lounge. We missed the flagship, but went to the admiral club close to 41 instead. The lounge attendant looked at our J BPs and told us we could go to the flagship, with buffet and a lot of everything better than they have there at the club. SO didn't want to do the walk to and from and didn't really care about the food, so we stayed at the club. Not much selection of food, but morning time was quiet and not as many people, so overall not a bad experience at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.