Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX Moving to Terminal 8 at JFK in January

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Moving to Terminal 8 at JFK in January

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf
Old BA lounge had Laurent-Perrier. I take that over AA champagne.
They *were* serving the regular L-P in the flagship (first) lounges at JFK and LAX about a year ago, before the renovations began. But I can't imagine anyone would really complain about having Bolly.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:59 am

I'm going to be connecting to CX845 in October arriving JFK at 2145 with 845 departing at 0135, it looks like the last Admiral's club closes at 2300, so that's basically out.

Are there other pre-flight dining options available, or should we stock up at our origin airport before arriving to JFK?
Old May 22, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by ps2sunvalley
I'm going to be connecting to CX845 in October arriving JFK at 2145 with 845 departing at 0135, it looks like the last Admiral's club closes at 2300, so that's basically out.

Are there other pre-flight dining options available, or should we stock up at our origin airport before arriving to JFK?
Admiral's will stay open for the midnight departure.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nightkhan
Admiral's will stay open for the midnight departure.
While the club will stay open, the food spread is subpar. Don't expect a full meal.
Old May 23, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thejonathanlee
While the club will stay open, the food spread is subpar. Don't expect a full meal.
And I suppose one could go to the JFK website and probably find out the operating hours of the food & beverage outlets.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:27 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ijgordon
And I suppose one could go to the JFK website and probably find out the operating hours of the food & beverage outlets.
Most everything is closed in the terminal at that hour unfortunately
Old May 24, 2017, 3:38 am

What gates do CX park at?

I haven't been since the switch over.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Most everything is closed in the terminal at that hour unfortunately
Even during opening hours T8 is grim for food options. I usually just graze at Vino Volo. Seriously, save your appetite for the flight, or leave JFK and go somewhere proper. Good luck.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Even during opening hours T8 is grim for food options. I usually just graze at Vino Volo. Seriously, save your appetite for the flight, or leave JFK and go somewhere proper. Good luck.
Bobby Van's is solid.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by thejonathanlee
That should change shortly with expanded Flagship lounge access for J pax.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sts603
That should change shortly with expanded Flagship lounge access for J pax.
Supposedly happening within the week, per a post in the AA forum referencing a tweet by JonNYC.
Of course that doesn't guarantee that access will concurrently be opened up to CX J pax.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Supposedly happening within the week, per a post in the AA forum referencing a tweet by JonNYC.
Of course that doesn't guarantee that access will concurrently be opened up to CX J pax.
If they do open the Flagship lounge to CX J, will SL members also get access to this lounge as well or can we expect to just go to the Admirals Club still?
Old May 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by yannerd
If they do open the Flagship lounge to CX J, will SL members also get access to this lounge as well or can we expect to just go to the Admirals Club still?
CX silver is only OW ruby, which does not allow lounge access. Lounge access would be based on class of service, in this case J class.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by headinclouds
CX silver is only OW ruby, which does not allow lounge access. Lounge access would be based on class of service, in this case J class.
I believe you are incorrect. SL pax flying CX metal are treated as J pax for lounge admittance purposes: at HKG and stations with CX lounges, SLs are admitted to the J lounges, and at most, if not all, other outports without CX lounges, SLs are admitted to whatever lounge J pax are entitled to (e.g. OW/QF J lounge at LAX or Skyview lounge at SIN). If J pax will be entitled to the FL at JFK, SLs should also be.
Old May 24, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by maortega15
What gates do CX park at?

I haven't been since the switch over.
Mainly in the B concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.