Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

First lounge access policy, how early?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:16 am
Original Poster

I would like to know what is the earliest time that I will be granted access to the first lounges at HKG. I am arriving from Tokyo around 23:00 and flying the next day after lunch time in First class on CX metal. Is 12 hours too long in HKG?
Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Poster

I woud appreciate any advice. Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The CX lounges are not open 24 hours. Even if you are admitted on arrival from TYO it would only be for a couple of hours until the last flight leaves, and you would then need to just sit in the terminal for a few hours until they reopen.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 8:51 am

I don't believe the lounges are open past the last departure (1 or 2am). Then they open up around 5am so I would assume that's the earliest time you can get in.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:04 pm

I wouldn't want to be there for 12 hours even if the lounge was open the entire time. There's only so much you can eat and drink.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Coolers
I wouldn't want to be there for 12 hours even if the lounge was open the entire time. There's only so much you can eat and drink.
^^
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
12 hours is definitely too long IMO, especially when you factor in an overnight. Though I did stay in the TG BKK FCL from 11a-11p for a transit flight one time as it was too hot for me to go into the city (massage and nap took about 7h of that time).

I have a similar connection in 2017 (T-24h), and my plans are to head into city, grab an inexpensive room for the night. I plan to have a late street food style dinner which i love, and dim sum the following morning before heading back to HKG before lunch. Will use the CX Pier/Wing FCL for 3h max for a quick shower and power nap.

Enjoy.

LFC
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:37 pm

I don't think it is too long. I did stay in the Pier and the Wing First a few times each for more than 10hrs. Eat,drink,work,nap,massage,eat again, shower or bath, 10hrs passed so quickly.
For overnight stay at the airport, I usually go to the Wing First at night, pp lounge for the few hours gap between 2am-5:30am, then the Pier First in the morning.

Last edited by bibikang; Aug 29, 2016 at 3:01 pm
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: pleb
Originally Posted by eagle4121
I woud appreciate any advice. Thanks
Just to help yourself out this information is readily available on the Cathay website.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by eagle4121
I would like to know what is the earliest time that I will be granted access to the first lounges at HKG. I am arriving from Tokyo around 23:00 and flying the next day after lunch time in First class on CX metal. Is 12 hours too long in HKG?
Thanks
I think 12 hours is too long... go get a nice comfy bed in some hotel somewhere..

Is this your first time in the F lounges in HKG?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ermen
I think 12 hours is too long... go get a nice comfy bed in some hotel somewhere..
regardless, the OP can't spend 12 hours in there....he/she's proposing spending the night! Yet the lounges will close and the OP will be kicked out for 4-5 hours. I really don't recommend hanging out in the main concourse from 1am-5am if it can be avoided....would be remarkably uncomfortable.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Originally Posted by bibikang
I don't think it is too long. I did stay in the Pier and the Wing First a few times each for more than 10hrs. Eat,drink,work,nap,massage,eat again, shower or bath, 10hrs passed so quickly.
For overnight stay at the airport, I usually go to the Wing First at night, pp lounge for the few hours gap between 2am-5:30am, then the Pier First in the morning.
I was recently denied entry at both the Wing and Pier (not sure if they put a notation on my boarding pass?) in the evening, ahead of a 3pm flight the next day. They said I am only welcome at 5:30am. Not sure if this is a new (practically enforced) policy? Good if someone can confirm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I'd be interested too. Planning on the Pier/Bridge until they close, then PP until they reopen (as bibikang has done).
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
As several others have said, twelve hours is waaay too long in any lounge/s

To coin a phrase : Get a room !
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:40 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I"m sorry, but I think spending 10+ hours in an airport is way too long, regardless whether there's a Wing, Pier, QF lounge, etc.

I was placed on a KE flight last month by CX due to the typhoon. I was stuck at ICN for 10 hours in which 4 of those was spent waiting for an announcement....each hour saying come back in an hour. The KE staff was saying, go to the lounge. Are you kidding me? No way. I wanted to go into Seoul, but couldn't because of the pending announcement.

At the end, I just went out and spent a few hours at the spa in Incheon, when I could have gone into Seoul and met some friends..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.