Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Time taken for MH mileage to post to MPC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time taken for MH mileage to post to MPC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:37 pm

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by sxc
AA had been very fast in my experience. 1-2 days.
Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Original biz trip to MNL got pushed to June so original plan to use that to advance to GO got changed.

Was snooping around the MH site and saw that SIN>>>KUL>>>MNL vv can be had for under 1.4K SGD which is a steep steal that still would net the required 80 points. If I do this as a MR on the weekend of May27 to 29, will the club points post in time to MPC? Thanks in advance if anyone has any experience traveling on MH and posting to MPC.
I also will be on MH next month for 4 sectors in J.

The problem with MH is that they use a different system. Their booking reference is 5 digit instead of 6. And despite me having put MPC in my booking, it does not show up in the CX website under my MPC account, unlike other OW airlines.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: CX MPC, EY Guest
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Original biz trip to MNL got pushed to June so original plan to use that to advance to GO got changed.

Was snooping around the MH site and saw that SIN>>>KUL>>>MNL vv can be had for under 1.4K SGD which is a steep steal that still would net the required 80 points. If I do this as a MR on the weekend of May27 to 29, will the club points post in time to MPC? Thanks in advance if anyone has any experience traveling on MH and posting to MPC.

this happened to me last membership year, when the MH flights didn't credit in order and in time which affected my re-qualification. after many a back-and-forth with the MPC they finally relented, but they did tell me that if I notified them earlier about the partner flights (MH in my case too), that they would see to it that the re-qualification would go without a hitch.

I tried it out this year when my re-qualifiation date was on the 30th of June and my MH Z-class trips were on the 26th. I emailed them ahead with my itinerary, and they actually sent an email saying my status was renewed even before I took my flights!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by ashsong
I also will be on MH next month for 4 sectors in J.

The problem with MH is that they use a different system. Their booking reference is 5 digit instead of 6. And despite me having put MPC in my booking, it does not show up in the CX website under my MPC account, unlike other OW airlines.
I know what you mean with the 5 character booking reference. What I did was to first enter it and made sure at check in that the FFP# was correctly printed on the BP and confirmed with check-in they got my FFp# in the system.

When were your flights taken?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: CX JL QR LH BA
It will happen soon, next month.

I will update here when it happened.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
FYI - my Monday flight got posted that Friday; my Wednesday return flight got posted the following Friday.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I still can't figure out why it even takes a few days if not longer to post onto CX.

Whenever I fly CA or other *A carriers, I immediately get a text message when I turn my phone back on upon landing that my account has been credited for the flight. If a technically behind carrier like CA can do this, why is it that a carrier like CX cannot?!

/end of rant
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: Cathay, BA, UA
Originally Posted by sxc
AA had been very fast in my experience. 1-2 days.
My AA flights are always post on Thursday after. There must be a cut of time on a friday or sat then you will see it the Thursday after, if not another week.

MH is always post in 1-2 weeks.

While UL flights take much longer to post , always more than 10 days.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:46 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by alphaod
I still can't figure out why it even takes a few days if not longer to post onto CX.

Whenever I fly CA or other *A carriers, I immediately get a text message when I turn my phone back on upon landing that my account has been credited for the flight. If a technically behind carrier like CA can do this, why is it that a carrier like CX cannot?!

/end of rant
Is this CA crediting to CA program?

For CX flights crediting to CX, it's overnight. But between carriers it will take longer due to weekly batch jobs etc etc.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
I flew MH SIN-KUL-PEK in Z/D on 7 June and the miles haven't posted yet, despite my MCP # clearly being shown on both boarding passes. Am rather confused why these flights have not credited yet. The same flights were even shown in the "my bookings" section on the CX website...

And even more confusingly, I have a booking JL-JL-AA coming up this week in D which is not showing up in the My Bookings section at all... Any idea why (not)?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
MH switched over to Amadeus recently (what CX/BA/QR/QF/UL/AY use..hence bookings on those airlines show up on CX MMB)...MH bookings did not show up on CX in the past- the Mh/BA forums have a fair few posts about folks having issues with recent flights posting...

'Posting' is an entirely different process it seems ...possibly as there should be a revenue component being transferred over to CX along with the liability of the miles.

Prior to the switch, it used to be a few days for MH to post to MPC.

JL- no clue! AA uses Sabre, I think, and standalone AA flights never show up in CX MMB.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
I flew MH SIN-KUL-PEK in Z/D on 7 June and the miles haven't posted yet, despite my MCP # clearly being shown on both boarding passes. Am rather confused why these flights have not credited yet. The same flights were even shown in the "my bookings" section on the CX website...

And even more confusingly, I have a booking JL-JL-AA coming up this week in D which is not showing up in the My Bookings section at all... Any idea why (not)?
See recent discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...-credited.html
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
JL IT systems are notorious for not communicating with other airlines, even when using their own booking references. It has been a while since I had a JL booking linked to MPC, but I do fly JL often with AA, and the same problems occur.

My understanding is (and experience) if there is a JL segment as part of a OneWorld itinerary, the booking should show up, but you are unable to amend the details such as selecting seats.

As regarding MH I have found them crediting miles to both AA and MPC usually around 5 days with a maximum of 10. Economy tends to credit slower than business.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Miles from mid June still not yet credited.

Have submitted missing mileage using the (tedious) paper form and sending in BP scans and eticket copy.

Let's see how that goes and how long it takes...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by midlevels
Miles from mid June still not yet credited.

Have submitted missing mileage using the (tedious) paper form and sending in BP scans and eticket copy.

Let's see how that goes and how long it takes...
Same here although I just called them up then asked me to send my BP and ticket by email two weeks ago. We shall see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.