Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marco Polo SL fast track security

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Marco Polo SL fast track security

Since with Marco Polo Silver I can use the J class check in desks with CX, will I still be able to use the premium side security at JFK terminal 7?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by herman176
Since with Marco Polo Silver I can use the J class check in desks with CX, will I still be able to use the premium side security at JFK terminal 7?
not sure about jfk but at lax I can only access j/f class security lines when my bp actually shows I'm flying those class of service. tsa agents do check .... when flying y or y+ I'm stuck in the regular lines
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I remember it was never a problem... though depending on which flight you're taking, there may not be a priority lane open.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: CX MPC
The priority lane is generally open ~3 hours before any BA flight with F is flying out from JFK to London. There have been times at which I've tried to use the lane but it's been closed with a TSA agent behind the glass doors and I've needed to board.

It's never been an issue with the "regular" security line as the terminal is relatively small and queue times generally never exceed 5-10 mins in my experiences.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heyheyha
The priority lane is generally open ~3 hours before any BA flight with F is flying out from JFK to London. There have been times at which I've tried to use the lane but it's been closed with a TSA agent behind the glass doors and I've needed to board.

It's never been an issue with the "regular" security line as the terminal is relatively small and queue times generally never exceed 5-10 mins in my experiences.
Wow you're so lucky...everytime I fly on CX889 to YVR, the regular security ends up winding to the carry on size checker or the CX PEY counters...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
In SFO, CX counter will stamp a "Priority" on the boarding pass(even for SL status) and I can use the TSA Priority line
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
In SFO, CX counter will stamp a "Priority" on the boarding pass(even for SL status) and I can use the TSA Priority line
In SFO, they do stamp "Priority" for elites, but it sometimes takes longer through the priority line. Fast track security may not help much. Situations may vary from airport to airport.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 6:13 pm

Its open for CX 889 and CX 841. As long as you check-in at the Business Class check-in at the far left of the terminal, you should be fine as I've done it whether flying in Y, Y+, J or F.

One thing I like about that security lane is they don't have body scanners. So no need to opt out.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CX GO, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
In LAX if you show your Lounge Access Card you can use the Priority Lane when you are in Y or Y+. I asked the check-in agent once and he taught me this trick as just showing boarding pass doesn't work.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Marco Polo, Skywards, Etihad Guest, IHG, Aeroplan
wow these are very useful tips and tricks. I will definitely try it when I fly from SFO and JFK this coming Autumn. Thanks to all contributors!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by CuiDawei
In LAX if you show your Lounge Access Card you can use the Priority Lane when you are in Y or Y+. I asked the check-in agent once and he taught me this trick as just showing boarding pass doesn't work.
so show them your lounge pass? I've tried that before and the agent would say I need to see your bp and then direct me into the reg line. or do you mean show them your mpc card? wondering if this is a new thing. won't have a Y+ flight until August
Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Since I'm only silver and CX doesn't have their own lounge at JFK, I won't have lounge access when flying on Y or Y+. Would it work just showing he agents my MPC card?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by CuiDawei
Nope, I tried and did not work for me at LAX. Will try again the next trip, but I doubt it will work unless you are flying biz/first (either by upgrade or full fare ticket).
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:37 pm

Since I'm only silver and CX doesn't have their own lounge at JFK, I won't have lounge access when flying on Y or Y+. Would it work just showing he agents my MPC card?
You can use OneWorld's lounge there.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
Shouldn't CX also issue you a Lounge invitation when you got your boarding pass? I'm sure they do.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.