Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by sxc
4 wide body gates only....looking forward to lots of bus boarding.
As of now, CX & KE are going to be the only airlines operating widebodies to T4. CX has ~9 and KE has 3 departure daily, so they should be fine. But I have seen more than 4 CX planes on the ground at the same time in the past...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
From what I've heard/seen:

- there are only 4 widebody gates, all on the same side of the terminal. So with even a modicum of intelligence on the part of CX/Changi Airport Group (not a given!) the lounge will be near those 4 gates.
I think they are...

http://thepeakmagazine.com.sg/wp-con...ating-area.jpg

The widebody gates are G18-G21 (H are the bus gates) - in the same direction as the 'Lounges'.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singap...ort_Terminal_4

The 2nd lounge is a SATS-Plaza Premium JV (Blossom Lounge)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Anyone know why CX wants to move to T4?
got a good cheap deal?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
As of now, CX & KE are going to be the only airlines operating widebodies to T4. CX has ~9 and KE has 3 departure daily, so they should be fine. But I have seen more than 4 CX planes on the ground at the same time in the past...
Doesn't Cebu and Vietnam use widebodies to SIN on occasion?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 9:46 pm

@ermen - I recall having read that it was a combination of a very sweet deal and a bit of arm-twisting.
@maortega15 - Not sure, but except for the one time that I saw a 5J 330, i've only ever seen 320 family planes for 5J & VN.

5J has ~3 flights a day, and VN has 5, I think.

Last edited by jagmeets; Sep 7, 2017 at 10:53 pm
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
CX should armtwist CAD to make SQ to use the busgates in HK in retaliation LOL
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by maortega15
Doesn't Cebu and Vietnam use widebodies to SIN on occasion?
Cebu has widebody rotations to SIN fairly often (was a few times a week for utilization when 5J was operating the Middle East routes, not sure if it's now scheduled every day or rotated to other destinations since the frames are fully available for regional routes)

I've not seen VN with anything larger than a 321 other than one-offs.

Total flights by Cebu is higher than 3 a day though since they serve ILO, CEB as well as MNL. But I'd imagine that CX has negotiated 100% contact gates, and 5J will probably have no problem using buses if CAG cut them a break on rates.

It will be interesting however to see what happens with IRROPS. I think the main time there are 4 CX frames on the ground are during the overnight/morning bank, but even then, the departures are staggered enough that they don't overload the 4 gates. (Also, less of an issue gate-swapping since all gates are in the same security area as compared to the T1 situation).
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by kaka
CX should armtwist CAD to make SQ to use the busgates in HK in retaliation LOL
Precisely the opposite, seems that SQ has negotiated with CAD to get all their flights assigned to gates 1-27 so they stay near the lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Cebu has widebody rotations to SIN fairly often (was a few times a week for utilization when 5J was operating the Middle East routes, not sure if it's now scheduled every day or rotated to other destinations since the frames are fully available for regional routes)

I've not seen VN with anything larger than a 321 other than one-offs.

Total flights by Cebu is higher than 3 a day though since they serve ILO, CEB as well as MNL. But I'd imagine that CX has negotiated 100% contact gates, and 5J will probably have no problem using buses if CAG cut them a break on rates.

It will be interesting however to see what happens with IRROPS. I think the main time there are 4 CX frames on the ground are during the overnight/morning bank, but even then, the departures are staggered enough that they don't overload the 4 gates. (Also, less of an issue gate-swapping since all gates are in the same security area as compared to the T1 situation).
Good to know on 5J- because i'd been surprised the one time I saw their 330..and yes, wouldn't be surprised to see them bus to a 330!

Google says SIN-ILO is 2pw, SIN-MNL 14pw an SIN-CEB 5x weekly..

Couldn't agree more on IRROPS - do recall 5 CX planes on the ground the morning after a typhoon in HKG a while back.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets
Naa - 650 is almost humane. True self-flagellation requires one to be on 659
6.50am at T4, humane? That means leaving my comfy hotel around 5am. Where's the humanity in that, I cry?
Alawyer likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by djsflynn
6.50am at T4, humane? That means leaving my comfy hotel around 5am. Where's the humanity in that, I cry?
You leave too early.

Leave at 530 and you will easily still make the flight
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by ermen
You leave too early. Leave at 530 and you will easily still make the flight
Yeah, except I don't care about being on an 'inaugural' flight from T4 to HKG, I'd more be going to check out the lounge, in which case I'd want more lounge time than the most efficient hotel-to-airport-to-gate pathway.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
I just received an update of my itinerary for Dec vacation. It states I'm flying in to Terminal 4 and departing from Terminal 4. I hope the transportation to and from Terminal 4 is as convenience as Terminal 1 - 3 by then or start considering taking Uber
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by JohnGreat
I just received an update of my itinerary for Dec vacation. It states I'm flying in to Terminal 4 and departing from Terminal 4. I hope the transportation to and from Terminal 4 is as convenience as Terminal 1 - 3 by then or start considering taking Uber
There is a dedicated flyover to T4 and some buses will call at the T4 bus-stop. No MRT at the moment though
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
No MRT at the moment though
Should rephase as "No MRT, period!"

Sorry , you touched a raw nerve. We even have 2 MRT lines interchanging at Tampines but there is no link in-between!!! To interchange, you need to get out of the station and walk 6 minutes street level to the next station. If you take too long walking, like 15 min to transfer, your next ride will be considered as a new ride and you will be charged another full fare.

I can understand if it is in BKK when you need to do the change at Asok / Sukhumvit, it's because there are 2 competing lines but, in Singapore where a monopoly running our subway, this is inexcusable.

So, yes, if they couldn't even link up in Tampines, it is very doubtful that they will link the existing airport MRT station to Terminal 4.

(Audio)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.