Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay to move to Changi Terminal 4 in 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 11:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Looks good, but I am still perplexed why a premium airline such as CX has decided to move to what is effectively to be the SIN budget airline terminal with the likes of substandard Lion Air, Tiger Air, Dog Air etc.
I don't believe the terminal itself will be built as a budget terminal. Changi has said that it will be a terminal with premium services with air bridges etc. This could be PR fluff, but on the surface, it's not designed as a budget-only terminal.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...als/terminal-4
Old May 8, 2014, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
I guess CX really needs to get out of T1, and its only option was T4... Shame it'll be so far away from the other terminals. And by shuttle bus too!

What I really like about SIN right now is that once you go past immigration you can just go around all the terminals and explore everything. Guess that'll be impossible with the new T4.
Old May 8, 2014, 5:20 am
Uli

Originally Posted by JeCCo
More news on CX's move to T4 - confirmation that a CX lounge for F and J will be opened.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...n=home-flipper

The shuttle bus to get over to the terminal sounds pretty off-putting tho.
could very well be that this is just one lounge for F and J
Old May 8, 2014, 6:19 am
Suspended

So what is wrong with T1? Many OW partners are in T1...Will they move too?
Old May 8, 2014, 6:26 am

It's depressing that T4 will be accessible with a shuttle bus. T4 sounds like a budget terminal...
Old May 8, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
It's depressing that T4 will be accessible with a shuttle bus. T4 sounds like a budget terminal...
Er - have you not read the rest of the post? T4 will de facto be the budget terminal.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
CX seems to be very quiet about the lounge in T4. My friend flew from SIN last Saturday said that the check in staff told him CX intends to move to T4 by June.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
CX seems to be very quiet about the lounge in T4. My friend flew from SIN last Saturday said that the check in staff told him CX intends to move to T4 by June.
Oh no. T1 is easily the best terminal in Changi when it comes to check-in times, taxi queues and baggage. T3 is worse on all 3, particularly baggage though how much of that is due to SQ vs. the terminal itself is unclear.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:20 pm

CX will move T4 when it opens (likely in July). This has been confirmed. Also, with such a small terminal, you should expect quicker check-in, baggage etc.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tran...-at-changis-t4

They will have their own dedicated lounge in T4 and should be a great improvement over what they have now.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Official move is mid Jul. Got that off the check-in agent when I flew 710 on 25 Feb. Also, there will only be 2 manned check in counters with the rest being automated check-in kiosk and bag drop. I could spin up a thread for anyone that is interested, but the automated kiosks are already in T1. Used it as I thought it would be faster since the J counters were 6 deep when I arrived for check in.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Premium priced airline with two manned checkin counters?
How ridiculous
What kind of premium service is that ?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
There was a hint at this back in December 2016:

"For the first time at Changi Airport, T4 will see a terminal-wide implementation of self-service initiatives to enhance passenger experience and operational efficiency.

The preparatory works in the lead-up to the terminal's opening will involve the installation and testing of key airport systems and processes including the new self-service and automated options covering check-in, bag-drop, immigration clearance and boarding."

"Construction of Changi Airport T4 completed, opening slated for second half of 2017"

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...d-half-of-2017
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Flew out of SIN yesterday, check in staff told me supposedly to move in July but may have some delays. Not sure how reliable but that's what she said when I asked the question.

I can't wait to use T4 when CX has its own lounge. The current Dnata lounge is just so depressing to sit in (I found it too dark). And I have never come across a lounge with such uncomfortable seats (literally all seat has an 90 degree upright position). Now I always arrive at airport around 60 mins before departure, skip the lounge and head to the food court for some local food before boarding the plane. This way I can avoid the lounge, feed myself full so I can avoid the sub-par food on-board, and catch up on my work or rest once airborne.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Originally Posted by sxc
I don't believe the terminal itself will be built as a budget terminal. Changi has said that it will be a terminal with premium services with air bridges etc. This could be PR fluff, but on the surface, it's not designed as a budget-only terminal.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...als/terminal-4
must be me'If I pay premium dollar for the all inclusive customer services that are no longer available why should I bother to give them my custom
El cheapo discount airlines have more than 2 checkin counters available
Can someone fire the current CX CEO and bring back a Swire Prince ?
before it's too late........
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
the good thing about t1 was that you could use the qantas lounge for cx evening/night departures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.