Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Meet & Greet of OW Elites aboard CX flights..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meet & Greet of OW Elites aboard CX flights..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: DL DM; BAEC Gold; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium
No greeting as AA OWE traveling in Y on CX845 on Saturday. Currently on CX890 and nothing thus far.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Busy week for me on CX and four out of four greetings all in Y.

CX 420 HKG-TPE - Looking for me when I was in toilet but found me in galley and had good chat.
CX 450 TPE-NRT
CX 451 NRT-TPE
CX 420 TPE-ICN

All done very well and had some lovely conversations with crew over last week.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I think the 'standard' is OWS + J - no greeting (same for GO + J); OWS + PY/Y - greeting by FP (same for GO)

Maybe it also has to do with equipment...some crew told me they barely hav time to do it if it was 77G.
Still GO+J on my way back (SFO-HKG), the ISM came by twice to greet me - once after boarding and once before landing. She recognized me immediately when I boarded the flight although I hadn't seen her for 2-3 years - that might be the reason.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Still GO+J on my way back (SFO-HKG), the ISM came by twice to greet me - once after boarding and once before landing. She recognized me immediately when I boarded the flight although I hadn't seen her for 2-3 years - that might be the reason.
Good for you! I've also had my fair share of these fantastic ISMs (and not-so-fantastic ones)

May I know if it was 77G?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Very highly crew dependent I guess...if even amongst themselves they can't agree on one thing (both posters are crew in CX)
Attached Images  
Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Good for you! I've also had my fair share of these fantastic ISMs (and not-so-fantastic ones)

May I know if it was 77G?
CX873, 77H
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
April 2017

Just flew CX 829, 739, 714 and 826.

As I mentioned in another thread, the ISMs and entire cabin crew on 829 and 739 were outstanding. I found them all exceptionally professional, extremely efficient and friendly.

That said, I also noted that the ISMs were actively using their iPads as they walked around to welcome us.

I am AA EXP and thus OW E and I was most impressed with how the ISMs introduced themselves and welcomed me onboard. They looked at their iPads and also noted that I had ordered a special meal and confirmed that they had it onboard.

A little later, a purser came along also confirming my meal.

Absolutely impressive!

On 714, the ISM and crew followed a similar procedure. As the flight was a red-eye and departure was delayed, I thanked the crew but opted to sleep for the short flight and skipped the meal.

For some reason, I did not see anyone on 826 use an iPad and the crew was not as well organized.

As a point of comparison (and this may amuse some here), as AC SE 100K, when flying AC in J, the Service Directors come around to welcome us, but they often seem indifferent and rather mechanical about it. No warmth at all. At the end of the flight, they come around to thank everyone in J for flying with AC.

Some SDs may recognize a high-status *A Gold if their status is on the list. No consistency based on my observation.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
This might come off as a little disrespectful but I seriously don't see any reason why I should lose any sleep when I do not get a greeting from an ISM....Honestly it's not really that important IMO, if you treat the crew right, you don't have to be a DM/OWE to get good treatment on board.

Like I've said before, if you need an acknowledgement of your status to make you feel better about yourself...you don't actually need an ISM but a shrink.

***by the way I've heard some stories when some OWEs or DMs would file a complaint when the ISM fails to greet them...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: LH HON
CX 650 greeting by ISM - had a real good chat for about ten minutes. She apologized that she had to leave but she still had to do a round in economy. Met her again the galley and we've chatted for half an hour about CX, AA and the HKG-LAX schedules. Turns out we're on the same flights a couple of times in the upcoming weeks. Very lovely lady.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.