Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX's hidden I-fare sale

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 2:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mrtnw
It's not the latest A380 product but i think it`s considered their new product.
Flat beds or not in J Class? I think only the A380 has the flat beds now?
Old May 15, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by chynacom
If I'm not mistaken the I fares ex-Asia also rarely show up via GDS, and are only bookable through CX, or B&M travel agencies. Even Zuji doesn't seem to sell I fares. If anyone knows an online travel agency which can book these I'd be very interested.
Seems like it. Another example is DXB -- they have I fares as low as around $1,600 to many east Asian cities, even HKG non-stop, under $2,000 to Japan, under $3,000 to SYD and sometimes AKL. These are great fares, generally only found on the CX web site.
Old May 15, 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Flat beds or not in J Class? I think only the A380 has the flat beds now?
Angled flat in B777 for MH
Old May 15, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
It is often easy to get OT . The thread is on "CX's hidden I-fare sale". Please stay on topic.

cxfan1960
CX Mod
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:59 am

I'm having an impossible time finding a full description of a fare rule.

Is an I fare basis refundable or non refundable (minus a fee)?

Looking at SFO-HKG-PEK in late June

TIA
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:23 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Try making a dummy booking, and go all the way to the payment page. At the bottom of the page, there would be a check-box for you to agree to the T&Cs and the fare rules. Click the link to have the full text.

Should work - thats what I use for my I class bookings.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Oh and where are my manners- Welcome to the board!

Since you're flying ex-SFO, do note that the daytime departure has the older business class seats on the 747, as compared to the midnight-ish 777 flight. (flat bed, but nowhere even close to the 77H hardware).

Despite that, some of us here would give an arm and a leg to be on the 747s given they are going off long haul routes by around end-August.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jagmeets

Since you're flying ex-SFO, do note that the daytime departure has the older business class seats on the 747, as compared to the midnight-ish 777 flight. (flat bed, but nowhere even close to the 77H hardware).

Despite that, some of us here would give an arm and a leg to be on the 747s given they are going off long haul routes by around end-August.
Thanks for the welcome! Looks like I'm on a 777 out and 747 upstairs back. I can get all the way thru then the fare rules box lists categories but doesn't expand. No worries, my meetings confirmed so I'm going!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by jagmeets

I, too, was excited to be on a CX 747 for the first time, after nearly 20-25 sectors on the 777. That is until I sat in the coffin seats.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by sdix
I'm having an impossible time finding a full description of a fare rule.

Is an I fare basis refundable or non refundable (minus a fee)?

Looking at SFO-HKG-PEK in late June

TIA
It will very much depend on market and specific fare. Some I fares on CX are refundable with fee, others are not.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ex-US the "I" "sale fares" are generally published by CX, either because it's a requirement (not sure about that) or they simply wouldn't get any sales given that ~55% of (and probably 80% of corporate) sales come through GDSs.

If this is one of these fares (fare basis X14AP is the current "sale fare"), you can find the rules on ExpertFlyer. AND, if it is this fare (SFOPEK), then (at the moment) it's refundable with a USD500.00 penalty and changeable with a USD250.00 fee.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Rererence for CX's publishded C/D/I fares From JAPAN.

To Europe
http://www.cathaypacific.co.jp/fares...n0601/eur.html
To SWP
http://www.cathaypacific.co.jp/fares...n0601/swp.html
To North America
http://www.cathaypacific.co.jp/fares...n0601/nam.html
etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.