Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Wrongly review about CX premium economy class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club

First of all, I do appreciate reviews on airlines seats and enjoy reading trip reports on all kinds. Somehow it makes me laugh when they come up with wrong information. Even worse, using wrongly information to make a joke.

Here is a recent one comes across my mind....

http://www.modhop.com/video-cathay-p...onomy-closeup/

Any thought?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
Originally Posted by mitchchenster
First of all, I do appreciate reviews on airlines seats and enjoy reading trip reports on all kinds. Somehow it makes me laugh when they come up with wrong information. Even worse, using wrongly information to make a joke.

Here is a recent one comes across my mind....

http://www.modhop.com/video-cathay-p...onomy-closeup/

Any thought?
Hi mitchchenster,

Very glad you appreciate the reviews and trip reports. As for this particular "closeUP" (not an actual review but a tour of a new product), we'd like to clear up any inaccuracies but first would like to know what you find wrong with our information. The video you linked to was a guided tour with a representative from the airline and the video was provided to Cathay Pacific to review for accuracy.

We try to provide the best information possible with our closeups and reviews so we thank you for your input.

Jake Redman - modhop.com

Last edited by modhop; Aug 1, 2012 at 1:33 pm Reason: Wording was confusing.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by modhop
Hi mitchchenster,

Very glad you appreciate the reviews and trip reports. As for this particular "closeUP" (not an actual review but a tour of a new product), we'd like to clear up any inaccuracies but first would like to know what you find wrong with our information. The video you linked to was a guided tour with a representative from the airline and the video was provided to Cathay Pacific to review for accuracy.

We try to provide the best information possible with our closeups and reviews so we thank you for your input.

Jake Redman - modhop.com
E.g. there's no touchscreen IFE for premium economy, it's only available in Y for now.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Good job, JALPak!!!

It shouldn't be too difficult to point it out..Therefore, I doubt if the "closeUP" has actually been reviewed by the CX representative.

The below is from the "closeUP"

In the air:

Upgraded meal service. Photo courtesy Cathay Pacific.
* 38″ of seat “pitch” the standard used to measure legroom. To compare, that’s 6 inches more than you’ll get in economy.

* Your seat is at least 1 inch wider than in economy. Arguably more important is the extra space between seats created by the center console.

* A dedicated flight attendant for this smaller cabin with more personalized service.

* Amenities and Perks for the flight. A champagne welcome upon boarding, a small amenity kit with the basics, noise cancelling headphones and larger pillows and blankets.

* A larger (10.6″) personal touch-screen tv featuring Cathay’s superb StudioCX entertainment system. There’s also a port for streaming music or video from your own device.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:23 pm

It shouldn't be too difficult to point it out..Therefore, I doubt if the "closeUP" has actually been reviewed by the CX representative.

Ah. The plane was in between flights and I may have thought the touch-system was shut down until it had been completely serviced. Apparently, it doesn't exist.

Thank you for pointing this out. I'll make changes to the article immediately and the video in the coming days.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Good job, JALPak!!!

* Amenities and Perks for the flight. A champagne welcome upon boarding, a small amenity kit with the basics, noise cancelling headphones and larger pillows and blankets. .[/I]
didn't get the welcome champagne for the HKG-YVR flight CX888 for the Aug 01 flight. Pitty..only served us juice/water.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:41 pm

Smile Changes complete.

Changes to the video and text are complete. Thanks again for helping us keep modhop accurate and up-to date.

iscor3 - Sorry to hear you didn't get your welcome champagne! Did you like the service otherwise?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:26 pm

talking about Y+, we have a very good news

J-class from aug onwards will have the ex-F utensils for meal service
W-class will have the ex-J utensils for meal service
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by B-HXG

So will there be special plating for J class rather than the preplating. But how will they fit the F class utensils on the J tray?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by B-HXG

You mean I'll have my J meal served in a proper round shape plate? Not the square plate where I find sauce spread everywhere...?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:09 am
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by modhop
Hi mitchchenster,

Jake Redman - modhop.com
I can't see anything that is wrong with this video. In actual fact, it is a nicely done overview of the PEY product.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:21 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
* Your seat is at least 1 inch wider than in economy. Arguably more important is the extra space between seats created by the center console.
Is this a good point? I didn't realise this until I start comparing Modhop's video shot against VS PE http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...m-economy.html . Perhaps the distance between passengers is really closer to Virgin's 21 inch seat width - just that CX didn't build in padding between seats so it measure 19.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
Is this a good point? I didn't realise this until I start comparing Modhop's video shot against VS PE http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...m-economy.html . Perhaps the distance between passengers is really closer to Virgin's 21 inch seat width - just that CX didn't build in padding between seats so it measure 19.
I tried the y+ the other day and it definitely feels much wider than Y in terms of overall space I think even with an exit row I will even choose a middle Y+ seat.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by kamiao
You mean I'll have my J meal served in a proper round shape plate? Not the square plate where I find sauce spread everywhere...?
not sure about western/international choice..
but for chinese choice, you will be given a bowl of rice and the beef/vegetables on a separate plate separately.

the square plate will be used in Y+ meal
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
So will there be special plating for J class rather than the preplating. But how will they fit the F class utensils on the J tray?

no.. the changes only occur to the main dish, AFAIK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.