Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Does CX Offer Fast Track Arrival at Bangkok? C/J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does CX Offer Fast Track Arrival at Bangkok? C/J

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:09 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by hclee01
I will be flying in J from SIN to BKK next week. Just checking if CX still offers the Fast Track Pass for immigration clearance in BKK? Thanks!
Yes they do, used it this week. As its Songkran next week, I rather think it will come in handy!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:42 am
cxn

Sometimes you have to 'ask'.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA plt,Ltgold
Do you get the Visa on Demand (US national) at the priority line or do you have to go to another line to get that?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by pltwannab
Do you get the Visa on Demand (US national) at the priority line or do you have to go to another line to get that?
You can just go straight through the priority lane. I did this last month with my US passport and the premium/priority immigration pass.

I believe on certain countries (not the US) requires Visa on Arrival, and that's a totally different line.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Yes it is given every time at check in (BKK) and on the plane when flying to BKK from HK.

I do about 10-12 J/C/I round trips a year to BKK all at different times of day and have never had to wait more the 1 person in the fast track queue, either arriving or departing.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 7:16 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Conkers
Yes it is given every time at check in (BKK) and on the plane when flying to BKK from HK.

I do about 10-12 J/C/I round trips a year to BKK all at different times of day and have never had to wait more the 1 person in the fast track queue, either arriving or departing.
Indeed, but if you have had 1 or 2 sherbets prior to departure from HKG say, and have a snooze most of the way, then you may not get your little gold ticket - as happened to a mate of mine last week who then had to queue with the great unwashed for an hour in the regular "scrum".
Old Apr 16, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by Beano HK
Indeed, but if you have had 1 or 2 sherbets prior to departure from HKG say, and have a snooze most of the way, then you may not get your little gold ticket - as happened to a mate of mine last week who then had to queue with the great unwashed for an hour in the regular "scrum".
That is very true although they normally leave one with the CFG envelope and visa form in your seat pocket in my experience.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pltwannab
You don't get a visa at all. You get a visa waiver. You don't "get" anything at all in other words. Just go to Fast Track or regular immigration as the case may be.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cxn
Sometimes you have to 'ask'.
+1. On my SIN-BKK last Feb no fast track was distributed. The FA assumed it has been given upon checkin. I dod not have it so I asked nd she gave me.

HKG-BKK last Jan, it was distributed on the board without asking
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Did not get it in March due to equipment change!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Any idea if DMs travelling in Y have received this benefit?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Any idea if DMs travelling in Y have received this benefit?
I asked on the plane to BKK and at check in in BKK two weeks ago. I was denied in both directions. It was the same answer both times so I have a suspicion it's a standard reply - on board from ISM: "we only carry on board the exact number of passes as there are J pax" / at check in: "we only have the exact number of passes as there are J pax." It didn't really matter for us in the end...if you have kids with you they let you go through the fast track.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I asked on the plane to BKK and at check in in BKK two weeks ago. I was denied in both directions. It was the same answer both times so I have a suspicion it's a standard reply - on board from ISM: "we only carry on board the exact number of passes as there are J pax" / at check in: "we only have the exact number of passes as there are J pax." It didn't really matter for us in the end...if you have kids with you they let you go through the fast track.
Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Just want to confirm that CX is still giving Fast Track for arrival into BKK? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They did the last four trips I did, lastly November 2012. In J or F that is. Not coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.