Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Child seat

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Child seat

guys - i'm flying JFK-HKG soon on J with a child under 2 so only had to pay taxes for him. If I don't make any special requests, can I assume he'll be served the regular adult meal choosing from the menu and not a kids meal

Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:57 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Infant meal (puree selection) is available, or, you can request a child meal by contacting CX well in advance of your flight.

Lap infant won't get their own adult meal in J.

As someone who has done many many many sectors with infants, I recommend going the children's meal route unless your bub is <9months - then go for the infant meal.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

well my child has only eaten adult meals since 6 months old and not hearing good things about cathay's child meals which has some fried stuff. Disappointed that they won't give a proper adult meal in J

Do they usually have extra meals on-board on this sector that they may give an extra only for the protein part of the meal

Also if I request a child meal, do I still get my regular adult meal?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by sam007
Disappointed that they won't give a proper adult meal in J

?
why should lap infant not purchasing a seat be entitled to full adult meal? i never expected for it... i just asked for extra bread

infant meal is just a commercial baby food sold at supermarkets... they bring you 2 unopened servings

child meal is like tray with kiddy food like pasta ot chicken nuggets... i actually once thought child meal was better than adult econ meal (i atr all nuggets)... so a child meal is a proer portion meal you can go for

you shoulr get ur.own serving even if your kid has child meal
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by fakecd

child meal is like tray with kiddy food like pasta ot chicken nuggets... i actually once thought child meal was better than adult econ meal (i atr all nuggets)... so a child meal is a proer portion meal you can go for
hahaha I didn't want to be first to admit I do the same.
SQ childrens meals are fantastic. Ate it instead of my own!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:47 am
Original Poster

yes that's right. Just in my case, the taxes came so close to just paying a full fare seat that I feel I made a mistake by not just buying a seat for him

It's good to know that even if I order a child meal for the kid, I still get my own regular meal
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by sam007
yes that's right. Just in my case, the taxes came so close to just paying a full fare seat that I feel I made a mistake by not just buying a seat for him

It's good to know that even if I order a child meal for the kid, I still get my own regular meal
Does CX provide child meals to infants? I suggest you check with CX or carry your infant's meal with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.