Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CGK Departure Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

CGK Departure Questions

Flying out CGK, CX @ 00.05 tonight in J, AA EXP.
When should I arrive at the airport?
Is there a priority immigration line for CX J / Emerald pax?
I was hoping to arrive "late", @ 22.00. Two hours before the flight.
How's the CX lounge?

After the flooding, no rain in CGK for a week. Except the downpour today of course.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:02 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Yes there are priority immigration for J and F passengers. Make sure you use the premium check-in counters in the left hand side, which is completely separated from the regular J/F CX counters
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
Yes there are priority immigration for J and F passengers. Make sure you use the premium check-in counters in the left hand side, which is completely separated from the regular J/F CX counters
I'm usually tucked in the lounge 3 to 4 hours before international departure - maybe odd, but true.

You believe arriving CGK @ 22.00 will work for my 00.05 departure?

Thanks for getting back quickly.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by zznoname
I'm usually tucked in the lounge 3 to 4 hours before international departure - maybe odd, but true.

I haven't been to CGK at that hours so I won't be able to help with that. But while there's priority check-in and immigration shared by several airlines, there's no priority security screening lines so I am not sure how long you have to wait before you get inside the terminal.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum

Yes.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I'm here. Arriving 21.00. Flying SWU, so no priority. Saw it though. Nice. Terminal was not congested. Immigration disorganised. Got lucky in a two for one line. I was surprised the roads were open after watching the roads used as "parking lots" this week.

Just a reminder, if we can find a place to put it: Pay for VOA first. No signs spelling this out. Their reasoning, it's the first window. But looking at a long que and an empty line, who would belive their luck?

It was funny, in a musical chair type way, watching/participating in the total mess that ensued. And immagration watches this every flight, but does nothing?

Next time some FTers fly in, lets print out a, pay first notice and tape it up for them. I'm sure they won't mind.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I'm here. Arriving 21.00. Flying SWU, so no priority. Saw it though. Nice.
I thought you said you were flying J. Other than those who were op-up at check-in, I thought all CX J passengers can use the premium check-in and enter the lounge directly via the back door?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I'm here. Arriving 21.00. Flying SWU, so no priority.
I also thought you were in J. I never know SWU can be used on a CX-operated flight.

How do they distinguish you (on SWU) from other J passengers?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I also thought you were in J. I never know SWU can be used on a CX-operated flight.

How do they distinguish you (on SWU) from other J passengers?
Maybe he was flying CGK-HKG in Y then HKG-DFW in J?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

CX, CGK-HKG, Y
AA, HKG-DFW, SWU J

So... 'cause my flight out of CKG was Y, no go at Priority Lounge.

I asked, CX asked, then asked again just in case. But, the Pink People, as nice as they are, would not let me use the perks.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
CX, CGK-HKG, Y
AA, HKG-DFW, SWU J

So... 'cause my flight out of CKG was Y, no go at Priority Lounge.

I asked, CX asked, then asked again just in case. But, the Pink People, as nice as they are, would not let me use the perks.
Doing the same itinerary in 2 weeks. How full was the CX flight CGK-HKG? Any chance of grabbing a block of seats to do the "hobo upgrade"? Also, what lounge were you trying to access? I have Priority Pass Select from my AMEX card so hoping that will get me into one of the lounges.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Doing the same itinerary in 2 weeks. How full was the CX flight CGK-HKG? Any chance of grabbing a block of seats to do the "hobo upgrade"? Also, what lounge were you trying to access? I have Priority Pass Select from my AMEX card so hoping that will get me into one of the lounges.
Only two lounges at CGK from what I can make out. Next to each other. The one CX is using, if you look really hard, might be better.

Nothing there, just wait for departure.

From what I saw on the outbound, wouldn't count on a full row. lot's of onesies and twosies. Can't remember inbound.

I took bulkhead 39, first row of Y.

The configuration was different. Lots of leg room going out with Y+ next forward cabin, A330 (333/333G)

and tight with, galley then J, A33/330 or 333/33Z

Not important anyway. The four+ hours out, and four back, goes quickly with CX HKG F Wing as the prize.

I got into the CGK lounges flying AA SWU J and EXP/Sapphire status.

Last edited by zznoname; Mar 6, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Ah you guys are doing mileage run. The popular DFW-HKG-CGK full of SWU in J ... who knew CGK could be so popular with AA folks.

Lounge access is governed by OW rules so OWS/OWE have access to either one even when flying in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.