Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy service - CX746 out of DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Crazy service - CX746 out of DXB

I've just done this flight (in J, if it matters).
The flight departed DXB at 5pm - a great overnight flight time, with 8 hours into HKG. That's why I chose it.

Good service, great food. I watched a movie through the evening meal, then kicked the chair back for sleeping through to HKG.

Then things went mad. After 5 hours flying time, banging and crashing tolleys came out, lights on and a full breakfast service, kids yelling ???? Then, .....they turn all the lights off again, for the last couple of hours into HKG.

What the heck was that all about ? Is this normal ?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
Originally Posted by in2it54
The flight departed DXB at 5pm - a great overnight flight time, with 8 hours into HKG. That's why I chose it.

Good service, great food. I watched a movie through the evening meal, then kicked the chair back for sleeping through to HKG.

Then things went mad. After 5 hours flying time, banging and crashing tolleys came out, lights on and a full breakfast service, kids yelling ???? Then, .....they turn all the lights off again, for the last couple of hours into HKG.

They are bringing the notorious mid-flight meal service to DXB? I thought it is only reserved for North American flights.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
I am never a fan of mid flight meal...in fact I hate it as it makes no sense for J pax! I have spoken and written directly to CX management on this in fact. On North America flights they are re-introducing normal meal service however last flight I had (CX885 LAX-HKG) the ISM decided to switch the normal service to mid-flight one. I was so annoyed as the menu clearly stated second meal was supposed to serve prior to arrival.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by in2it54

Yikes, I fly HKG-DXB often and have never had this happen before... I'm hoping this is an one off event and not the NA midflight breakfast service coming to this route!

I normally sleep right through breakfast (since the 5pm DXB-HKG flight lands at 5am HK/1am DXB time) and a few times when I was awake in time for breakfast on the 11pm DXB-HKG flight, I noticed they served breakfast 1hour before landing (hot breakfast in J, snackbox in PE)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I flew DXB-HKG 11pm flight in mid July and the 2nd meal was served 1.5 hour prior to landing.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:23 pm

CX has gone mad.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
CX has gone mad.
yet they are voted the best airlines
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lingua101
yet they are voted the best airlines
I guess the criteria didn't factor in the call center, ground service, and meal service

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.