Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Breakfast in CX's business class lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvatage Executive Platinum / Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club - Green

I am aware what hot food is on offer at all the biz lounges during the day - wing, cabin, bridge, pier - but what hot food is on offer for breakfast?

I believe the noodle bar is out of action in the mornings... as I'm doing over Easter...

I'm a gold member but rarely fly first thing in the morning...

Which is the best lounge for breakfast?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by kingbat
I am aware what hot food is on offer at all the biz lounges during the day - wing, cabin, bridge, pier - but what hot food is on offer for breakfast?

I believe the noodle bar is out of action in the mornings... as I'm doing over Easter...

I'm a gold member but rarely fly first thing in the morning...

Which is the best lounge for breakfast?
In my opinion, The Bridge has the best breakfast and wider selection.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:38 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by maortega15
In my opinion, The Bridge has the best breakfast and wider selection.
Agreed. The bridge has some form of eggs, breakfast sausages, toasted sandwiches, Chinese rice noodles, dumplings and more.

I'm not sure about the other lounges but the bridge is great.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:47 pm

The last time I was there, they had oatmeal as well. Food is similar to F's buffet, maybe even a wider selection. The Wing and The Pier have similar choices but not as extensive. IIRC, The Wing had steamed buns, scrambled eggs (a bit runny in my opinion), stir fried vegetarian noodles, veal sausage, stir fried vegetables along with your usual breads, danishes and jams. I kinda got tired of the usual selection so I headed to The Bridge.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 6:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
To be honest, if I want a substantial meal I no longer bother trying to eat in the lounges. There's more variety, or at least some really satisfying guilty-pleasure eating (think McDonald's or Popeyes), in the terminal.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
The last time I was there, they had oatmeal as well. Food is similar to F's buffet, maybe even a wider selection. The Wing and The Pier have similar choices but not as extensive. IIRC, The Wing had steamed buns, scrambled eggs (a bit runny in my opinion), stir fried vegetarian noodles, veal sausage, stir fried vegetables along with your usual breads, danishes and jams. I kinda got tired of the usual selection so I headed to The Bridge.

yes, why are the scrambled eggs so 'runny' (mushy, wet....)?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by kingbat
I

Well this is kind of disappointing as I missed the noodle bar last time.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
IIRC the noodle bar doesn't serve noodles in the morning. It has pan fried buns, soy milk, glutinous rice. More typical Chinese breakfast offerings. I think the normal noodle dishes come out after around 10.30-11.00am
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Isn't what you listed is exactly the same as the cabin and bridge?

Also what is similar compare to the f buffet?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
the bridge with the oven has some really nice bakery stuff in the morning... wish they'd open the noodle bar earlier... I know many places in China where noodle soup is very acceptable breakfast food
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by avm2806
the bridge with the oven has some really nice bakery stuff in the morning... wish they'd open the noodle bar earlier... I know many places in China where noodle soup is very acceptable breakfast food
I had macaroni soup for breakfast at The Australian Dairy Company. No stranger than say congee in the eyes of a westerner.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by avm2806
You kidding? In all American hotels I've stayed in China there is always the noodle soup offering. They really love their noodle soup for breakfast.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:00 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
IIRC the noodle bar doesn't serve noodles in the morning. It has pan fried buns, soy milk, glutinous rice. More typical Chinese breakfast offerings. I think the normal noodle dishes come out after around 10.30-11.00am
Unless you were referring to other lounges, The Wing's noodle bar serves noodles before 10:30am. I was there at 9:30am last time and there were 2 noodle dishes: wonton noodles and dan dan noodles.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:25 pm
Suspended

In the past they don't serve noodles for breakfast but now they do at the wing.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Actually if you want noodle for breakfast... G16 can serve you better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.