Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Photos of new Premium Economy & Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE

Got your attention right!

Knowing that some journalists are on the delivery flight of the new Boeing 777-300ER from Seattle to Hong Kong (Twitter user: @austbt indicated he is on his way from SFO to SEA), I hope CX would release the "photos" of the new Premium Economy and Economy seats by close of business today.

If CX is reading this, I do hope they will post the photos before the journalists beat them to their own product press release.

Last edited by 380Flyer; Feb 24, 2012 at 1:17 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
twitter should be @ausbt

Last edited by andy1022; Feb 23, 2012 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:11 am

There shouldn't be any stealing of thunder, as CX PR has all of us attending Seattle for briefings & delivery flights under a strict embargo until 1200 Monday (Hong Kong time) as that's when they have said they will release official PR shots.

Clarification: I'm with Australian Business Traveller

Naturally, if any shots leak out beforehand the embargo is considered lifted to that extent, but the media attending should all be pretty square with the CX conditions... however, as a number of Marco Polo members with Unobtanium status are also on this flight, you never can tell what unofficial snaps may surface ahead of PR/media images.

So barring a little leakage, you can expect a flurry of Y+ pics come Monday arvo (HK).

Last edited by djsflynn; Feb 23, 2012 at 11:17 am
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Thanks David for the update.

Now there is something to look forward to come Monday!

Looking forward to trying the new Y+ on the HKG-SYD route on the brand new A330-300 on 01 March.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
There shouldn't be any stealing of thunder, as CX PR has all of us attending Seattle for briefings & delivery flights under a strict embargo until 1200 Monday (Hong Kong time) as that's when they have said they will release official PR shots.

Clarification: I'm with Australian Business Traveller

Naturally, if any shots leak out beforehand the embargo is considered lifted to that extent, but the media attending should all be pretty square with the CX conditions... however, as a number of Marco Polo members with Unobtanium status are also on this flight, you never can tell what unofficial snaps may surface ahead of PR/media images.

So barring a little leakage, you can expect a flurry of Y+ pics come Monday arvo (HK).
Hi David, I enjoy your work at ABT. Keep up the reports.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Got your attention right!

If CX is reading this, I do hope we will see the photos before the journalists beat you to your own product release. Please do not allow them to steal your thunder!
Teacher teacher, someone is going to take some photos.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:25 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Thanks David for the update.

Now there is something to look forward to come Monday!

Looking forward to trying the new Y+ on the HKG-SYD route on the brand new A330-300 on 01 March.
According to THIS it is not starting until 1 April.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:29 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Crocodile
Well for OP who is a DM, it starts on March 1
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:55 pm

As a commercial service, that's correct - CX Y+ can be booked only from April 1 onwards.

However, the service actually commences on March 1, with the four weeks to April 1 being non-revenue weeks: CX will have the Y+ seats & service but you can't book 'em or buy 'em, CX will only make them available as (free) upgrades for top-tier frequent flyers.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:26 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by djsflynn
As a commercial service, that's correct - CX Y+ can be booked only from April 1 onwards.

However, the service actually commences on March 1, with the four weeks to April 1 being non-revenue weeks: CX will have the Y+ seats & service but you can't book 'em or buy 'em, CX will only make them available as (free) upgrades for top-tier frequent flyers.
currently my early mar flight is showing 77g....well, it is hard to tell for sure other than the seat map.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
Kind of crazy...we can book the seats, we can pay for them...but we simply don't have any idea about the look of it. Booked it on a HKG-JFK this summer...difference is less than 100usd per ticket...so it's not much and I hope it will be close to what many have said....the old regional business class...for that it would be a good deal.

I'm like everybody else...waiting for the first pics...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:40 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Wonder why they are being so secretive about it? Either they are really good....or really bad.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
I need to fly to ORD in March, I'm thinking about flying via YYZ just so I can try the new Y+

I'm guessing that as a GO member booked into Y, they'll seat me into Y+ since they aren't taking bookings yet for this class.

Historically on this route I'm usually op-uped into J almost always in March.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
San Francisco's starting two months late for me. Sigh.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
I look forward to seeing the pics next week and trying out the new Y+ in the near future!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.