Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles hotline is always busy?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Asia Miles hotline is always busy?

It happens with such a high frequency that no matter what number I dial, from Asia Miles toll free USA number to calling the HKG number or the Marco Polo Club number in HKG - always getting a busy signal. Once in a blue moon, I will get through on first try. Tonight, no such luck. Is this common or is it just me?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by Guava
It happens with such a high frequency that no matter what number I dial, from Asia Miles toll free USA number to calling the HKG number or the Marco Polo Club number in HKG - always getting a busy signal. Once in a blue moon, I will get through on first try. Tonight, no such luck. Is this common or is it just me?
I think it happens for everyone except DM ? The best option is to call weekday 1am+ Hong Kong Time, or late night weekend, which my call got pick up less than 1 minute
Old Dec 13, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: CX DM
The level of service went downhill after CX and KA were merged. And yes, you're right, Diamond members did get answered much faster and always by a human being, but I too experienced significant service deterioration post-merger. However there is now a separate Diamond line, so hopefully this will result in shorter wait times for everyone now.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:15 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL, CX DM, AA LT GO, Marriott LT Titanium, Shangri-La DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM
well, as far as I understand from some service reps / supervisor the DM line is really nothing more than a number - i.e. DM just won't get the engaged tone - but after getting connected it's still the same group of reps, shared among all members etc, not a new group of additional DM reps. so I doubt having this number would shorten the times for others (or in fact I still have at least 2-3 friends/colleagues telling me every week how long they wait on the line - even after this DM number is introduced).
Old Dec 13, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
My feeling is that there was a huge increase in MPC memberships after the CX/KA merger, and the staffing and training were inadequate. The new DM line helps DMs bypassing the engaged tone. It is still going to the MPC service centre.

However, with companies cutting budgets, many frequent travellers are flying less. The MPC centre is not going to be as overwhelmed. I think the service will get better.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
I think it happens for everyone except DM ?
Not necessarily. My friend who is Silver tells me he rarely has to wait more than 5 minutes once the automated recorder says he is going to be transferred to a representative even when he calls during normal daytime and early evening hours.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 6:03 pm
yiu

Programs: MPC Silver
hi guys i want to know, is the only way for advance seat booking is by phone? or can i do it online?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 6:25 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by yiu
or can i do it online?
Only if you've purchased your ticket on CX.com. If you haven't then you need to call MPO.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by yiu
hi guys i want to know, is the only way for advance seat booking is by phone? or can i do it online?
You can call the regular CX res line or MPC which ever gets you through faster.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:55 pm

Asia Miles always gives me the "leave a message" recording and they never call me back.

I find it's best to call at 2-4am HKT and your call will be picked up within a minute.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you booked through a TA, you can also ask them to pre-select the seats. Though the number of availble seats shown on the map of their system to grab is very limited.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:33 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Data point 15 Feb: Using a GR number and the Mandarin option, it took me 19 minutes to call through when I started at 3:09PM this afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.