Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Gates at HKG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:13 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Post New Gates at HKG

New gates (201-230) at HKG opening tomorrow (28 Dec local time). These will be commissioned in stages-

(Sorry the pic is in Chinese, I have yet to locate a clean 2D Eng map showing the new gates)

I wonder which airlines will use these...

[Edit: my bad, an English map showing the new gates can be found at this post already...]

Last edited by royng; Dec 27, 2015 at 6:22 am Reason: Link to English map added
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: CX GO, TSA Pre✓ Afflictions: TSASS
Might as well just post the English version here so people can refer to it...

Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Will by used by HX mostly. Rumor is they will also open a lounge there.

It's surprising how little publicity there's been about the opening, probably because the public image of AAHK is at an all time low nowadays...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
http://www.hongkongairport.com/leafl...facilities.pdf

My impression is unless the Mid-field 7/F is reserved for lounge (which I think is too small...) there seems won't be enough space for a lounge in mid-field....
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by sscywong
http://www.hongkongairport.com/leafl...facilities.pdf

My impression is unless the Mid-field 7/F is reserved for lounge (which I think is too small...) there seems won't be enough space for a lounge in mid-field....
I will assume all the spaces on 5/F which sits between gates (i.e. the grey block between 218 - 216 / 216 - 214 / etc... ) will be used as lounge just like cabin / bridge

Last edited by ChrisLi; Dec 27, 2015 at 9:02 am Reason: \
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:40 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Seems as of right now, HX is the only one that has made the move to the MTC. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the luggage to arrive the main terminal. There's no underground baggage belt to transport the luggage. All of it will be done by trailers.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gemini573
Seems as of right now, HX is the only one that has made the move to the MTC. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the luggage to arrive the main terminal. There's no underground baggage belt to transport the luggage. All of it will be done by trailers.
I am surprised that they did not build any luggage belt, while they have built the APM. Really can't imagine the time to transfer bags to the baggage hall, especially in bad weather. Nowadays, there are announcements all the time that there were technical problem and delay in delivering baggage.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: OW Sapp, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold

One of the HX flight is assigned to these new gates.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Any idea why HKIA dosen't use the concourse "A, B, C, D, E etc." method of numbering their gates? Eg. Gate A1-A4, B15-B19, C20-C36, D40-D50, E60-E71, F1-F10 (instead of 501-510), G1-G19 (instead of 201-219), Z11-Z25 (for bus gates, instead of 511-525) etc.

I know that CAN and PEK use the alphabetical method so Chinese people not understanding the alphabet should not be an excuse.

This would make signage more easier to follow. Also, announcements on the Automated People Mover can say "The next station..E and F gates....Ha yat jam hai E tung F kui.....Xi yi zhan shi E he F qu"......."The next station G gates...." and so on.

Last edited by daniellam; Dec 27, 2015 at 4:32 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: Macro Polo - Cathay
Originally Posted by andy1022

One of the HX flight is assigned to these new gates.
As noted from here, apparently this is probably the one and only flight using the Midfield Concourse for now:

https://hk.news.yahoo.com/%E6%A9%9F%...215512165.html

[Translated by Google]

Cost of over a hundred billion to build , put into service scheduled for the end of this year, the airport midfield concourse repeat the mistakes of the MTR West Island Line , in phases starting from today , but only for one flight daily departures . It is reported that the midfield concourse and other parts of the aircraft fuel supply facilities have not been completed. AA refers midfield Concourse boarding bridges and transit systems and other infrastructure facilities have been completed in phases is given time to familiarize themselves with airlines and ground handling companies . Legislative Council Members to promote the AA and comprehensive account of the reasons for the delay enabled the project schedule .
Airports in late November last year topped the midfield concourse will be held today in phases , only deal with a group of all-day departures , HX 658 for the number of Hong Kong Airlines flights to Okinawa ; and with the general large-scale infrastructure investment the different services , No arrangements for media coverage AA today .
News that midfield Concourse some facilities , such as aircraft fuel supply system, not yet fully installed , requiring more time to complete the process , while midfield concourse will be phased into service , but has not yet set a good passenger AA Gallery fully operational schedule.

[/Translated by Google]
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:31 am

I suppose this wont affect CX too much, other than freeing up a few more gates in the main terminal for what would otherwise go to bus gates/satellite terminal.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by phol
I suppose this wont affect CX too much, other than freeing up a few more gates in the main terminal for what would otherwise go to bus gates/satellite terminal.
yea, overall from a CX / KA passenger perspective this sounds like a positive...provided CX/KA planes stay away from the new concourse.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by daniellam
Any idea why HKIA dosen't use the concourse "A, B, C, D, E etc." method of numbering their gates? Eg. Gate A1-A4, B15-B19, C20-C36, D40-D50, E60-E71, F1-F10 (instead of 501-510), G1-G19 (instead of 201-219), Z11-Z25 (for bus gates, instead of 511-525) etc.

I know that CAN and PEK use the alphabetical method so Chinese people not understanding the alphabet should not be an excuse.

This would make signage more easier to follow. Also, announcements on the Automated People Mover can say "The next station..E and F gates....Ha yat jam hai E tung F kui.....Xi yi zhan shi E he F qu"......."The next station G gates...." and so on.
Thinking negatively(and more towards 689's thinking), AA may be trying to capture lower customer base who will not understand roman alphabets.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:51 pm

Hopefully this puts a stop to the ludicrous 511-521 "Gates" that are really a bus to tarmac that you have to climb steps to the plane, not fun in the rain when all the KA staff does is hand you a big plastic to cover yourself into.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Hopefully this puts a stop to the ludicrous 511-521 "Gates" that are really a bus to tarmac ...
What I understand is Gates 228-230 are bus gates too...so those gates involve a train to midfield concourse and then a bus ride

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.