Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Enrollment date 2/3. Qualifying flight 2/5. Chances of clinching next tier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lawl COVID

Completing my first year with CX, it's been a good ride so far.

So I noticed that my enroll date was on 2/3 and the flights that would get me Silver are on 2/5. Is the membership period a rolling 365-day period or does it end at the end of the month in which I enrolled?

Kicking myself for not pledging the rest of my travel last year to CX, I'd be within reach of Gold by now.

TIA
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
I might be wrong, but your membership year should be till the month end.
CX.com>login>Your Marco Polo Account>Account Balance will tell you the exact date.

Just in case you don't know yet, CX/MPC use the mileage posting date, and not the transaction date for their 'accounting'.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Membership year ends at end of month.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lawl COVID
Thanks guys, I should be all good then. ^ Yeah, I saw that on the Account Balance screen but then I also saw that my renewal date is "12 months from the time you enrolled or was upgraded/downgraded." The time period in question was 12 months and 2 + (the delta between the flight and the post dates)" days.

Going forward this won't be an issue as I'll be committing most of my OneWorld travel to CX.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Has me wondering, for renewal, it is 365 days then? (since it says it end on the Dec 31st for me, would my renewal year be Jan 1st —> Dec 31st?)
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
Thanks guys, I should be all good then. ^ Yeah, I saw that on the Account Balance screen but then I also saw that my renewal date is "12 months from the time you enrolled or was upgraded/downgraded." The time period in question was 12 months and 2 + (the delta between the flight and the post dates)" days.

Going forward this won't be an issue as I'll be committing most of my OneWorld travel to CX.
If you go to you Account Balance page, there is a section called "Membership Details (<date1> - <date2>)". You can see when your membership year ends (<date2>).

If you really miss by a day or two because of the time to credit your flight, call MPC. They should be able to help.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by alphaod
Has me wondering, for renewal, it is 365 days then? (since it says it end on the Dec 31st for me, would my renewal year be Jan 1st —> Dec 31st?)
Basically, YES.
But, CX tends to make an early renewal for DM, maybe for other tiers?.
For example, if a membership ends 31DEC2015, an early renewal makes the next membership period from e.g. 05DEC2015 to 31DEC2016.
In this case, the account balance page shows that 365+ days duration for the membership period.

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:08 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Basically, YES.
But, CX tends to make an early renewal for DM, maybe for other tiers?.
For example, if a membership ends 31DEC2015, an early renewal makes the next membership period from e.g. 05DEC2015 to 31DEC2016.
In this case, the account balance page shows that 365+ days duration for the membership period.
I had this early renewal once when I was SL (5 Jan with 31 Jan as ending day and by then I only had 22 sectors and 20k miles), and early upgrade from SL to GO in mid Aug with 31 Jan as ending day where I had already flew 34 sectors and 2 more round trips confirmed by end of Sept
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I see. Right now I'm at about 50,000 miles and 29 sectors for my DM renewal, so I'm not particularly worried about not making the qualification, just wondering is it means my qualification period will basically be the same thing every year from now on (currently it's Dec 7th 2014 to Dec 31st 2015, so the next one will be January 1st 2016 to December 31st 2016) or will I get an extra month every year (ie: January 1st 2016 to January 31st 2017 on the next renewal period, then February 1st 2017 to February 28th 2018 on the next)?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
In my more than 10 years DM renewal, renewal months are same except one time.
Only one time, my DM period strangely became 13 month, so my renwal month changed. However, since then, same renwal months have been applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.