Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Do DM get to jump the priority queue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do DM get to jump the priority queue?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by sscywong
Unless all CX KA boarding gates enforce a 4-line approach regardless of how many products are offered on board this problem will never resolve

But if a 4-line approach is in full force, I think DM can use F queue, GO can use J queue, GR can use PEY queue, but can't tell should SL be allowed to use J or not...
TPE don't use this system. Last time 3 J fliers cut in line, finally by the 3rd J flier some complain, and the J flier loudly said: "I'm J, I paid more, I don't get behind you", and the gate staff did nothing.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
TPE don't use this system. Last time 3 J fliers cut in line, finally by the 3rd J flier some complain, and the J flier loudly said: "I'm J, I paid more, I don't get behind you", and the gate staff did nothing.
Sounds like a charming person.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Unless all CX KA boarding gates enforce a 4-line approach regardless of how many products are offered on board this problem will never resolve

But if a 4-line approach is in full force, I think DM can use F queue, GO can use J queue, GR can use PEY queue, but can't tell should SL be allowed to use J or not...
I think CX should bite the bullet and remove the queueing benefit for Green or alternately rigorously enforce that this is cardholder only at that level
Old Dec 29, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: QF WP

SL can use the PEY queue. OWR generally does not receive priority boarding.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire, MPC GO, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PCR Plat Elite
At check-in counters that have all Y, PEY, J, F, MPC lines, are GO members allowed to use the J line?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by alphaod
No such benefits. I dislike these people. I always call them out and shame them. It's not like they're the only DMs traveling.
Originally Posted by ermen
How to shame them?

A little something like this....
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: NZ, QF
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Pardon my ignorance.... If you fly on premium cabin, why you want to rush into the plane?

I can understand if you want to rush into the plane if you are flying economy, as sometimes the overhead storage bean will be "taken" by other with "extra" carry on.

I never really care to rush to the plane anyway......

Can someone enlighten me why someone want to rush into the plane?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by mdevans
I think CX should bite the bullet and remove the queueing benefit for Green or alternately rigorously enforce that this is cardholder only at that level
I never understood the rationale for offering queuing benefits for Green (check in and boarding)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
lingua101: me neither. I usually am the last to board.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club, CX MPC, Marriot Rewards, Priority Club
I am usually one of the last to board - whether I am in a premium cabin or not.

One time at JFK one of the gate agent (she saw my BP as I had previously went to her to ask a question) offered to bring me to the front of the line (I wasn't in line, I was at the window plane watching), I politely declined and just stayed at the window continuing to plane watch until most of passengers had already boarded.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
Quote:

CB should really try to shame them

That was just classless!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
If you fly on premium cabin, why you want to rush into the plane?

I can understand if you want to rush into the plane if you are flying economy, as sometimes the overhead storage bean will be "taken" by other with "extra" carry on.

I never really care to rush to the plane anyway......
Precisely!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:50 pm

If long haul then no, I don't rush to board if I'm already flying in J. However, be careful if you fly PEY, those overhead gets filled up by people can't find space in Y and the cabin crew just put them in PEY overhead instead, regardless if PEY people have boarded or not. I've seem PEY that boarded late with no space overhead (of course the last recourse is put them in empty J overheads by the cabin crew)
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I have to say that if flying F I do try to board first so that I can get a couple of glasses of Krug on the ground (Krug being so much better than the stuff they serve in the lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.