Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in for reward flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Check-in for reward flight

I used AS miles to fly CX885 LAX-HKG-SIN in F. We fly out 12/15. We are staying in Santa Monica the two nights before (traveling from the east coast) and I am wondering.
1 - Do I need to check-in online 24 hours ahead and print my boarding passes or
2 - Should I wait until I get to LAX and check-in and check luggage.

My first flight with CX and the wife and I are very excited.

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
You can just check-in at LAX.. no need to check in online or have boarding passes, you will fly straight through at the F check-in counter and need to go there anyway to drop off your luggage etc.

I am guessing you have already chosen your F seats online but if not you should do so or call in so you don't end up on the other side to your wife and so needing to try getting someone to change onboard.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Also be sure to pick up your lounge passes for TBIT and HKG.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
I assume you have already assigned your seats in the F cabin.

No need to print boarding passes before LAX, but to confirm your seat selection and ensure there are no overbooking problems (Not that CX is in a habit of doing this to F pax - don't worry at all) it is very easy to just do the online check-in 48hrs in advance of the flight - but not print boarding passes.

As a habit when flying any class Y, J, or F: I always do online check-in just in case but more as a formality.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
Originally Posted by CX828
I assume you have already assigned your seats in the F cabin.

No need to print boarding passes before LAX, but to confirm your seat selection and ensure there are no overbooking problems (Not that CX is in a habit of doing this to F pax - don't worry at all) it is very easy to just do the online check-in 48hrs in advance of the flight - but not print boarding passes.

As a habit when flying any class Y, J, or F: I always do online check-in just in case but more as a formality.
That was my concern! I always check-in online whenever possible.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:17 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
I booked a one way redemption HKG - ADL today for Junior who is OWE travelling tomorrow on 5th July.
At seat selection point in booking, all seats in PEY have a X against them so cannot choose seat. Had to proceed to payment page to complete booking but he obviously has no seat selected! Should I / he be concerned?

(This seemed the closest thread to use to query rather than starting new thread.)

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Beano HK
I booked a one way redemption HKG - ADL today for Junior who is OWE travelling tomorrow on 5th July.
At seat selection point in booking, all seats in PEY have a X against them so cannot choose seat. Had to proceed to payment page to complete booking but he obviously has no seat selected! Should I / he be concerned?

(This seemed the closest thread to use to query rather than starting new thread.)

Thanks in advance.
Did you book via BA? If so, the best way is to ask BA or in that forum. Asia Miles members have little or no experience what you encountered.

OTOH, advanced seat selection usually stopped 55 hours before ETD. He may do OLCI and select his seat as it is already within 48 hours.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:23 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Did you book via BA? If so, the best way is to ask BA or in that forum. Asia Miles members have little or no experience what you encountered.

OTOH, advanced seat selection usually stopped 55 hours before ETD. He may do OLCI and select his seat as it is already within 48 hours.
No, using up my Asia Miles balance.

Will try OLCI now.

EDIT: OLCI worked now, last seat in PEY! I guess it took a while for the booking to load into the system

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Beano HK; Jul 4, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Beano HK
No, using up my Asia Miles balance.

Will try OLCI now.

EDIT: OLCI worked now, last seat in PEY! I guess it took a while for the booking to load into the system

Thanks for the help.
And the good news is that he was upgraded to J at airport ^ so flew in a half empty J cabin rather than a full PEY one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.