CX Brand Refresh and new website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
CX Brand Refresh and new website

http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...-brand-refresh
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:58 pm

Part of this will be the launch of an online "retail travel platform" in early November through which Cathay Pacific will sell "a range of premium travel products" Cheng says. "Not just airfares but hotels, car hire, the whole journey, which fits into 'travel well'."
So they are merging Cathay holidays into CX airways.... can they please first improve their IT system before doing cross-platform sale when their website is not so user unfriendly and i suspect that error code will prompt frequently
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:57 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I think it's sort of started, with option 1 Hotel and Car Rental redemption in the AM/MPO IVR, manned by priority agents from the Tsuen Wan Centre.

I can speculate CX management's thought processes in this - the flight booking website is radioactive, the lines are jammed but people have no choice but to fly with us so we can give them crap service. On the other hand there may be rent to be had from bundling other stuff to air tickets.

Our message to CX management is this daydream will never work because no-one will book with you if your website's in the dumps. Are we going to plan our own vacations over the phone (what competitive advantage would CX have in doing this?)?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
new 4-class boarding cards

Not sure if discussed before....but CX is now rolling out 4 class boarding cards. F, J, PEY and Y sectilos on the card. Got one yesterday. Was told it was part of the refesh and system change over. First change we've had since they switched to the unified stock a few years ago.

Was also told KA switched over at HKIA yesterday and it was a disaster for computer systems. Might be why there is more whinging than usual.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288

Was also told KA switched over at HKIA yesterday and it was a disaster for computer systems. Might be why there is more whinging than usual.
KA switched what?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by LchChester
KA switched what?
something about their computer systems. It might have something to do with the Amadeus switch? And not having the "BN" symbol but rather the "Sec #" thing?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Thumbs down

something about their computer systems. It might have something to do with the Amadeus switch? And not having the "BN" symbol but rather the "Sec #" thing?
Yes. Sec on ka boarding pass. Just got one. No more BN
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Interesting article- thanks for sharing ^
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:40 am

Not sure if discussed before....but CX is now rolling out 4 class boarding cards. F, J, PEY and Y sectilos on the card. Got one yesterday. Was told it was part of the refesh and system change over. First change we've had since they switched to the unified stock a few years ago.

Happen to share a picture of that boarding pass?! Is it a huge difference compared to the current ones? Please share a picture if you can as I am and I'm pretty sure we are all curious to see. Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by maortega15
Happen to share a picture of that boarding pass?! Is it a huge difference compared to the current ones? Please share a picture if you can as I am and I'm pretty sure we are all curious to see. Thanks!
Mate I have a pic but don't know how to post it here!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:13 am

Mate I have a pic but don't know how to post it here!
I'd recommend you edit it first in paint to cross out your name, FFP, etc. Then, you upload it to a sight like flickr, photobucket, etc. Then once its uploaded, you copy the Image code (should start something like [img]), then you paste it here.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:41 am

No difference in terms of the e-boarding pass except BN is replaced by SEC

Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Diamond MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LchChester
No difference in terms of the e-boarding pass except BN is replaced by SEC
You may also want to remove or cover up the barcode.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
Cathay Pacific - The next chapter

CX now has an official page with a video of the new logo, website, baggage tags and previews of a new lounge.

The logo is very clean and crisp. The calligraphy stroke is now solid green, exactly the same as the image of the lunch box. The title only has a slight change, the C and P are now lower caps. Personally the logo feels odd, especially the english one, whilst the Chinese one works slightly better.

The new lounge looks very impressive, definitely carrying on the homely feel that already exists at 'The Bridge'. The lounge either looks like 'The Pier' or at Haneda, as mentioned 'Beyond the changes to our logo you’ll see evidence of our new design thinking in the new lounges that we’ll be opening. This starts with Haneda, Japan, in December.'
The gold CX logo in the lounge looks quite good compared to the green, quite prestigious.

Hopefully CX's new livery won't be like MU's super minimal.

For the new website, I know that CX has been working on it for a longtime. I remember seeing a mockup of it last year or two years ago on FT.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/thenextchapter/

Last edited by g.yau; Oct 23, 2014 at 7:41 pm Reason: Updated from freakinflyer001 info
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:01 pm

What I don't like:
*The lower case C, P. Just doesn't look right. I get dizzy just looking at it. If anything, they should've just made it all caps and the same size.

What I like:
*The logo is much more sharper. The old logo was "all over the place".
*The font is still the same. Thank goodness not using Myriad. Myriad is over used in my opinion.
*The luggage tags look modern. I'm not sure if those tags will replace the current paper ones you can get at the check-in counters.

So thats my take so far.

I'm not sure if the cabin crew uniforms will get a change. I wouldn't be surprised if they change that last as the current one is just recent. The flight crew will get new ties and safety vests to match the new brand.

It would be nice to see the new cabin class colors be applied the cabins itself. If anything, that would happen starting with the A350.

And hopefully, the color of the new cabin will be applied to the fuselage and be a minimal change to what we have now. In my opinion, the livery didn't need a complete overhaul. Just the titles needed to be enlarged similar to British Airways.

I have confidence in the new branding especially on how its going to look on the fuselage. After all, Landor designed the current branding 20 years ago. They have designed Garuda, Austrian, Jet Airways which look really nice just to name a few.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.