Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Interesting talk with ISM about comments card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Or any other comments made to CX about customer service on board. Apparently if a customer gives a bad comment, then CX will initiate a "probe" and there's a process that the ISM in charge of that flight will go through, including a sit down talk with a CX person from Customer Service. So in short ISM hates it when they are negatively reported.

However, when a good comment is submitted, CX will only "notify" the ISM and that's it, nothing more will be done.

I asked do they give them a heads up in promotion considerations, and she said "only if you get lots of them (good ones)"
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I asked do they give them a heads up in promotion considerations, and she said "only if you get lots of them (good ones)"
Do they have procedures/criteria as to when they can ask a passenger to fill one?

Btw, did CX change the format of the comments card? I recalled it having a lot more 'on the scale 0 to 10 do you ...' questions. I was asked to fill one about two weeks ago on CX885 and it was mostly open-ended essay style.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rivarix
Do they have procedures/criteria as to when they can ask a passenger to fill one?

Btw, did CX change the format of the comments card? I recalled it having a lot more 'on the scale 0 to 10 do you ...' questions. I was asked to fill one about two weeks ago on CX885 and it was mostly open-ended essay style.
No no, this is not the opinions thing they walk up and down randomly asking a pax to fill out. This is a particular "comments card" that you request with the crew if you want to especially note either a good or bad services. It's just a page that on top you fill out your background information, and on the bottom it's like a notepad with lines that you write your comments on.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
That's why you should mail the comment card directly to CX.

Some cabin crew / ISM will read the card to see if it's negative - and then throw it away.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
That's why you should mail the comment card directly to CX.

Some cabin crew / ISM will read the card to see if it's negative - and then throw it away.
For negatives I go online, for positives I write it and hand it in to them.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:49 am

Is the online form treated the same way as an onboard comments card?

I would doubt that they will start a "probe" based on an online comment.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Is the online form treated the same way as an onboard comments card?

I would doubt that they will start a "probe" based on an online comment.
They will treat it seriously when there is enough information to identify the source of complaint - your name, date of flight, flight number, seat number.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
For negatives I go online, for positives I write it and hand it in to them.
And I think MPC members, especially DMs, receive comment cards quite often (at least in the past). The samples can be quite biased. Perhaps they like to ensure their own members have the loudest voice.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
They will treat it seriously when there is enough information to identify the source of complaint - your name, date of flight, flight number, seat number.
There was once I received 6000 Asia Miles from filling up the card and providing my information. It came as a surprise to me. They did not say anything before. That was many years ago. It only happened once...
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:33 pm

http://www.aspireaviation.com/2014/1...o-take-flight/

if CX is really going to bring free wifi like this article suggests , they are going to be forced to have the best customer service

it will be impossible for the ISM etc to hide negative comments- CX could ask passengers to fill out online surveys using the screens- and if they get negatives could immediately contact the ISM due to the new connectivity

new technology is certainly going to change things...

only one person needs to complain on Facebook and bang the ISM will be in trouble!!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
And I think MPC members, especially DMs, receive comment cards quite often (at least in the past). The samples can be quite biased. Perhaps they like to ensure their own members have the loudest voice.
Agree, when I was QF Plat in Y or J I always get the questionnaire, now I am nothing with OW airlines, not a questionnaire in sight.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:14 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
On another airline, some years ago, I witnessed the cabin crew searching for bad scores on PAX submitted forms and changing them!

Yes, I saw it with my own eyes.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Interestingly Mrs WF (no status) was asked to complete forms twice on our recent PER <>HKG <> USA west coast trip. Business award (AA) out - OPup from PE to J inbound. I was ignored (at least while in the aircraft)

Both were good reports... She said the crew seemed happy

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
There was once I received 6000 Asia Miles from filling up the card and providing my information. It came as a surprise to me. They did not say anything before. That was many years ago. It only happened once...
Now you get these $5 vouchers for inflight shopping discounts. Only catch is, you can only use it if you spend more than $50 USD above and you can't use multiple at a time.

I'm seriously considering handing these out to other passengers on the next flight because the ones I received recently all expire soon and I dunno what the hell to do with them, other than to throw them away.

Edit: Btw, the selection isn't random. The people that get to do the survey are pre-selected by seat per flight (as for the actual mechanism which triggers this selection, I've no idea).
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Ok guys, you guys are confusing two things.

1) You guys are talking about a survey that CX crew passes out to select fliers.

2) I'm talking about "comment card" that folds into a self-addressed envelope that you don't have to give it the FA but you can mail-it-in yourself. They never pass this else willingly and you have to ask for it everytime, and usually when you asked for one (if you asked a junior crew) the Cabin head or in some cases the ISM would come over first with a worried face (heh heh) and asked if anything's wrong.

Just want to clarify, next time on your flight ask for a "Comments card" and see for yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.