Search

Long transit HK airport.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
Long transit HK airport.

Hi,
I have an 8hr layover in HK coming up and would like to check-in to a hotel. I've had a look on booking.com for options but would appreciate any first hand experiences and recommendations. I would like to stay somewhere close to the airport and do not intend sight seeing.
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:56 pm

I would recommend this be moved to the Hong Kong forum to get better answers. But to answer your question, you've got the Regal Airport Hotel and the Marriott. The Regal Airport Hotel is connected via an indoor bridge while you take a complimentary shuttle bus to the Marriott. The Marriott is obviously the cheapest over the Regal. It sucks that HKG does not have a post security transit hotel similar to Singapore. HKG is known sleeping airport and they should have one.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Silver, CX Gold, SQ Silver, EY Gold
Thanks. I've checked the HK forum and found the info I need ^
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
If money is an issue and you have eight hours take the Airport Express to Kowloon and stay there. It only takes 20 minutes. Then go back right into the airport on the return trip which you don't even pay for same day.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
This topic belongs to the HKG forum. As OP already got answers from the other forum, I am closing this thread.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.