Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Million Milers Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I think CX has such a monopoly in HK and with the infusion of most of mainlanders traffic they can really care less about a few frequent fliers getting mad enough to dump them.
sadly, i think this is correct.

and how HK is such an expat transient city, bankers come in and stay for 2-5 years. many of whom are SLs, GOs and DMs. they're "loyal" but CX knows they're only as loyal as Morgan Stanley or Goldman have them to stay out in Asia. Despite many owning impressive salaries and pedigrees, CX knows they're ultimately not the boss, nor are they the masters of their own purses. And because most aren't likely to make HK their permanent home, CX can be pretty stringent on longer-duration benefits.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:17 am

The main problem is competition. In HK if you want quality airlines you get CX and KA and then.... nothing. They know they got us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.