Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cx seat selection aa f/j award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX

Party of 2 traveling ex: USA - SE Asia on CX. Im AA Gold OW Ruby. After ticketing I went to select seats and I could not get us two seats near each other.

How does CX handle this when one traveler has elite status and one does not? Im guessing if I phone them?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:59 pm

I think I just ran into the same issue with booking 2 F class award tickets, through AA and flying on CX. The only two seats that were available were 1D and 2D. I called CX and asked if they would switch my seat so I could sit next to my girlfriend on the flight. The agent happily changed my seats to 1D and 1K. It took 20 min of being on hold before I talked to an agent, but then 2 min to change the seats. After you dial hit option 4 then option 3.
I hope this helps!

John
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: -
AA agents usually can't assign most F seats.
I've had good luck calling the HK contact center, they can usually assign any seat you want (except for bassinet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.