Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New LAX Lounge discussion and experiences [now open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Lounge Updates/Summary:

Hours:

XX:XX-XX:XX

Business Lounge Menu:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Business Lounge Beverages:

First Lounge Menu: [opens 18 December, 2014]

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

First Lounge Beverages:
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Will be flying out of LAX in May. Does anyone know if the new QF lounge at LAX will be opened by then? Seems like it's being pushed back from it's April estimate.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wow, don't recall starting this new thread myself

Probably not the most appropriate forum for it anyways - might be better responses in the QF / oneworld forum.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
The answer is of interest to CX pax since CX uses the lounge.

It looks like exact date is still not set for the opening. According to this article it could be May/June.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-pushe...usiness-lounge
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
according to that article, looks like you've got a shot at the J lounge, but the F lounge definitely not.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:28 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Will be flying out of LAX in May. Does anyone know if the new QF lounge at LAX will be opened by then? Seems like it's being pushed back from it's April estimate.
Couple of months ago, the lounge attendant told me the J lounge will be ready in May but that is assuming there's no further delay.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
Sometime in May/June is all we know to date.

[There's even the possibility that the lounge will open but the new kitchen will be delayed a tad - which would be quite a shame, as the food is a centrepiece of the new lounge, so it will depend on the likely gap between the two (should there be any gap at all) if QF chooses to open the lounge and kitchen apart, or hold the lounge until the kitchen is also ready.]

But yeah, that would only be the J lounge, F is much later in the year.

Last edited by djsflynn; Apr 18, 2014 at 6:14 am
Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:32 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Sometime in May/June is all we know to date.

[There's even the possibility that the lounge will open but the new kitchen will be delayed a tad - which would be quite a shame, as the food is a centrepiece of the new lounge, so it will depend on the likely gap between the two (should there be any gap at all) if QF chooses to open the lounge and kitchen apart, or hold the lounge until the kitchen is also ready.]

I would imagine the best part about the food will be timed towards QF flights. As far as the QF HKG lounge, the dim sum trolley and the bbq section lasts until the last QF departure which is around 20:30 (i think). BA also uses this lounge, but I believe they don't get it.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:15 pm
cxn

hmmm... I was there in Feb and March and they said mid-april for the lounge to be open.

Guess things take a little longer then expected. I did use the Skyteam lounge and was not impressed.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by gemini573
I would imagine the best part about the food will be timed towards QF flights.
Should be fine for CX881/883. Curious about this 'LA street food' concept - hopefully get to taste it when I'm flying in late June.

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Sometime
Even if it is only the J lounge, i think it will easily be much better than the old F lounge.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by gemini573
As far as the QF HKG lounge, the dim sum trolley and the bbq section lasts until the last QF departure which is around 20:30 (i think). BA also uses this lounge, but I believe they don't get it.
Yep, the plate of the day and trolley service are both done by 8pm and 8.30pm is the end of the BBQ pork, which leaves BA passengers with the buffet.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by cxn
hmmm... I was there in Feb and March and they said mid-april for the lounge to be open.
Yeah, it's slipped a few times - was originally April, then I was told 'early May', now it's sometime in May-June..! But will definitely be worth the wait, as much of a bugger as that wait is.

Last edited by djsflynn; Apr 19, 2014 at 7:59 am
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:56 pm

Not a sign of moving when I left LAX in late March. Food offered there over the past three years, could never be compared to the Wing. Lounge is always packed during 21:00 ~ 23:00 when both QF flights for Sydney/Melbourne adding CX883/881. Is the new lounge going to different? Would not expect too much, providing catering service is still the same one.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I flew into LAX yesterday and was told that its all finished. I will check on Sunday and report back.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Is the new lounge going to different? Would not expect too much, providing catering service is still the same one.
Very different, especially the catering: http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-goes-...angeles-lounge
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Currently got the whole OW lounge to myself, first class section does not open for another 15 minutes. Was able to check in 5 hours before my flight due to the self check in machines. The new lounge will not open until late May early June and the conversation I just had told me that June is very optimistic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.