Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New LAX Lounge discussion and experiences [now open]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Lounge Updates/Summary:

Hours:

XX:XX-XX:XX

Business Lounge Menu:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Business Lounge Beverages:

First Lounge Menu: [opens 18 December, 2014]

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

First Lounge Beverages:
Print Wikipost

New LAX Lounge discussion and experiences [now open]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Looks better ^

Wonder if the new F lounge will be open by the end of March 2015?

A spa would be ^^
Old Jun 18, 2014, 8:24 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Well, for those that say QF and CX don't cooperate...at least they did when it came to the LAX lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by dek526
awesome!!! i flew 3 weeks ago and the OW lounge was packed to the point that i had to stand and wait for a seat. it was so busy that they had to turn away patrons requesting to shower as they ran out of towels.
With seven BA/CX/QF flights leaving in the evening (and no F lounge), I suspect it will still be crowded as there's only approx. 400 seats (according to the article above). I guess sharing table with strangers will still be the norm.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by beckoa
Looks better ^

Wonder if the new F lounge will be open by the end of March 2015?

A spa would be ^^
I was really hoping for December 2014. Appears this is not going to happen .
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by Rivarix
With seven BA/CX/QF flights leaving in the evening (and no F lounge), I suspect it will still be crowded as there's only approx. 400 seats (according to the article above). I guess sharing table with strangers will still be the norm.
Yes but it should relieve some of the occupancy on the OW lounge. One good thing is that it's only open for sapphire and emerald elites so that should filter some of the cx silver patrons. Will find out in nov when I next fly internationally.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by RevJim
Where is this new lounge? Same place as the old one?

If it's in the same place, where did the new square footage come from?
Id imagine it's in the newer section of TBIT. The map doesn't give an exact location but perhaps ft'ers that have visited will chime in
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I was there Sunday morning.Used the self service check in to get a boarding pass. From front door to being in security took about 3 - 4 minutes. Immigration line had 2 channels open with nobody waiting.
Since when does LAX has regular outbound immigration checks?
Are you sure you departed from an US airport?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:17 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes but it should relieve some of the occupancy on the OW lounge. One good thing is that it's only open for sapphire and emerald elites so that should filter some of the cx silver patrons. Will find out in nov when I next fly internationally.
If you are CX silver flying on CX you will still have access.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
If you are CX silver flying on CX you will still have access.
but according to website

"Eligible oneworld Status
Emerald
Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
Sapphire
Next onward flight that day must be on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#"

It states sapphire and above? Hmm...oh wells hope it'll still help with the flow
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:41 pm

but according to website

"Eligible oneworld Status
Emerald
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#
Sapphire
One guest allowed and must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight.#"

It states sapphire and above? Hmm...oh wells hope it'll still help with the flow
As a MPO Silver traveling on a CX marketed flight operated with a CX flight number will you have access to the LAX lounge. The website is wrong.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 4:44 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
As a MPO Silver traveling on a CX marketed flight operated with a CX flight number will you have access to the LAX lounge. The website is wrong.
gotcha ^
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
What?!

Originally Posted by jdtravels
And isn't it funny how the LAX *A lounge is NZ-operated and the OW lounge is QF-operated, when the other airlines have a far greater presence? Haha.
I'm struggling to think of a OW airline that has "a far greater presence" at TBIT than QF, let alone merely "a greater presence". Would you care to enlighten the rest of us with your knowledge?

To pre-empt any questions re capacity, (2xA380)+(2x747)>4x77W.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:50 pm

Id imagine it's in the newer section of TBIT. The map doesn't give an exact location but perhaps ft'ers that have visited will chime in
Yep, the new J lounge is is new space - the old J lounge is being renovated to become the Jan 2015 J lounge extension (and the old kitchen is still being used), while the new F lounge will occupy the footprint of the old Star Alliance lounge and a bit more.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Yep, the new J lounge is is new space - the old J lounge is being renovated to become the Jan 2015 J lounge extension (and the old kitchen is still being used), while the new F lounge will occupy the footprint of the old Star Alliance lounge and a bit more.
so for the time being both will be open?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
The website is correct, since it is talking about oneworld benefits - those which elites receive when travelling on ANY oneworld airline. However, individual airlines are able to offer additional benefits to their own elites flying on their own metal, and that is what CX does with MPO silvers. It isn't a oneworld benefit, it is a CX benefit - and therefore doesn't belong on a oneworld benefit list

I just re-read this and it sounds a bit aggressive - it wasn't meant to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.