Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New Regional Products for 772, 773 and regionally configured A330's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Compliments to cxfan1960 who gave me permission to start this thread.

As most of you are aware, Cathay Pacific has launched a new regional product for the 772, 773 (non-ER) and select A330's. January is quickly approaching and it will be the launch month for the first new regionally configured B777 while the first A330 with the new regional product will rollout in the fourth quarter of 2013.

This thread will be similarly based on "Planned Routes with new 777-300ER/A333 Business Class Product (aka Cirrus)" which is for the long haul product but this thread will not be based on solely on routes but the overall product deployment, product experience, etc. as there are too many regional destinations than long haul.

Registrations with Regional Product:

773 - B-HNE-HNK, B-HNM-HNQ
A330 - B-HLO, B-HLT-HLV, B-LAA-LAB, B-LAS-LAW, and subsequent A330 deliveries will have the regional product factory installed while earlier-build A330's will go to Dragonair (KA) in the next year or two.

The current 772's will most likely not be included in any refit.

Please post your discussions here.

Cheers

Last edited by maortega15; Jan 6, 2013 at 2:04 am
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:55 pm

Thanks maortega15 for starting this thread. There has been so little info from CX since the low-key launch more than a month ago. I thought they might have scrapped the plan to upgrade the regional fleet.

Would you care to share with us:
1. the seat plan
2. is there a new regional Y seat
3. how many refitted 772/773 would enter into service in Q1 of 2013
4. which route would feature the new regional product in Jan/Feb
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by oatsmeal
Thanks maortega15 for starting this thread. There has been so little info from CX since the low-key launch more than a month ago. I thought they might have scrapped the plan to upgrade the regional fleet.

Would you care to share with us:
1. the seat plan
2. is there a new regional Y seat
3. how many refitted 772/773 would enter into service in Q1 of 2013
4. which route would feature the new regional product in Jan/Feb
Ah mate, with apologies, but hopefully we can keep things like #1 and #2 out of here, and instead focus more on the #3 and #4 to keep it in-line with the other "Planned Routes" thread. No doubt #1 and #2 will start an infinite amount of comparisons and opinionating, which is fine and all...just in another thread. Otherwise once the opinions start flowing, it's virtually impossible to find useful information about the retrofit schedule and routes being served.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, QF, TK, EY, NZ
Apparently the first 773 is at XMN being retrofitted.. I suppose it won't be necessary for a table like in the other thread for another month or two.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:30 am

1. the seating plan is same as previous
2. yes
3. 2 only, B-HNP is Jan and B-HNJ in Mar for CX; KA will get 3 though, B-HLK in Feb, B-HLC and B-HLJ in Mar (yes, the world's two oldest A330 will both go to KA)
4. Singapore and Tokyo

Last edited by B-HXG; Dec 6, 2012 at 5:40 am
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
No doubt #1 and #2 will start an infinite amount of comparisons and opinionating, which is fine and all...just in another thread.
With due respect (based on your posting history), I don't quite understand your concern about my questions #1 and 2. They are merely fact-gathering queries, soliciting a yes/no/not available answer. Not sure what opinions could arise.

If there is any ambiguities in my original questions, kindly enlighten me.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by B-HXG
1. the seating plan is same as previous
2. yes
Re #2 - CX.com has only showcased the new regional J. Can you show us pictures of the new Y? Is it the same as long-haul new Y?

Re #1 - does it mean that J on 772/773 will still be 2-3-2?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by oatsmeal
With due respect (based on your posting history), I don't quite understand your concern about my questions #1 and 2. They are merely fact-gathering queries, soliciting a yes/no/not available answer. Not sure what opinions could arise.

If there is any ambiguities in my original questions, kindly enlighten me.
no worries. It's not your post....more towards (what I assumed would be) the train of opinions to follow any answer to your post. your questions are indeed quite straight-forward.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
if the thread is to be solely devoted to routes, then the title must be changed to "Planned routes ..." just like the thread about business class (Cirrus) seats that is referenced in the first post.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
if the thread is to be solely devoted to routes, then the title must be changed to "Planned routes ..." just like the thread about business class (Cirrus) seats that is referenced in the first post.
Well unfortunately, there are more regional destinations than long haul so it wouldn't be practical. This thread will not be solely for routes but the product itself. The last thread was not based on routes anyway. People kept asking the best seat here, the best seat there, etc. So I think that this would be the best thread name for it. The "cirrus" thread should've been named the same or similar to this one.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by maortega15
Well unfortunately, there are more regional destinations than long haul so it wouldn't be practical. This thread will not be solely for routes but the product itself. The last thread was not based on routes anyway. People kept asking the best seat here, the best seat there, etc. So I think that this would be the best thread name for it. The "cirrus" thread should've been named the same or similar to this one.
Fine, I like this general thread rather a pure "route" thread, especially since regional aircrafts tend to end up about anywhere.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 9:52 am

I thought that CX would want to put these seats on the 744s too, since they LOVE putting them on Asian routes so much
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
I thought that CX would want to put these seats on the 744s too, since they LOVE putting them on Asian routes so much

WHy??

I think it is excellent to get a 744 on regional route?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx
WHy??

I think it is excellent to get a 744 on regional route?
I guess some people prefer regional products over long haul ones!

It is good the 747 are becoming mostly regional aircraft , adds a lot of capacity and improves the product level.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
My 773 flight for sin-hkg on 5 Jan now shows 2-2-2 in business. Would this be the new regional?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.